wtf: Obama Calls For ‘Day Of Prayer" over shooting.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 20, 2012.

1. That we still have to suffer your ass, all because God has given you freewill to be a moron.

Yes, sometimes I chastise God for his inhumanity.

#11     Jul 20, 2012
  2. Free Thinker shows up at the funeral home and say's, sorry about the death of your loved one, and your god hates them and you. Have a nice day.

#12     Jul 20, 2012
  3. thats the difference between you and i. i dont chastise a god for anything.
    i let my mind follow the logical conclusion. there is nothing up there to chastise.

#13     Jul 20, 2012
  4. no i wouldnt. i would hope that eventually all people have the critical thinking ability to understand that it is not logical to bow down to a deity that supposedly had the power to save their loved one but refused to do so.

#14     Jul 20, 2012
  5. Maybe one of these days you will have a clue but right now I'd say you're too poor to even buy a vowel at this point.

But the below quote makes living long enough seem unlikely.

Too bad

#15     Jul 20, 2012
  6. hey. speaking of no clue. i am not the one getting upset that an invisible old guy in the sky doesnt act like reason would tell us he should. religions have a cure for that. suspend reason.

The invisible and the non- existent look very much alike.” ¯ Delos Banning McKown

#16     Jul 20, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

FT, we had a bit of a match on, come back, don't get into it with the name callers.

#17     Jul 20, 2012
  8. the free will argument is just something religions dreamed up as a way to rationalize gods inaction in the face of evil. nothing more.

“Do not hide behind the cowardly evasion that man is born with free will, but with a ‘tendency’ to evil. A free will saddled with a tendency is like a game with loaded dice. It forces man to struggle through the effort of playing, to bear responsibility and pay for the game, but the decision is weighted in favor of a tendency that he had no power to escape.” ~Ayn Rand

#18     Jul 20, 2012
  9. Ok, so when the shooter came in, there was probably at least a few people that could've charged the shooter and stopped him before he killed more people, but they didnt...they ran...so since those people were able, but not willing, by your definition, those people are malevolent for running out of the building, and not helping. Those people that were close to the shooter and could've tried to stop him, MUST have wanted all those people in the audience to die, right?

(Remember, this is YOUR thinking, not mine)

#19     Jul 20, 2012
  10. is your god a coward? these people knew they could get hurt and ran. your god knows bullets could not have hurt him yet he refused to help.

(Remember, i am bringing this thinking down to your level, not mine)

#20     Jul 20, 2012