wtf Newt Gingrich

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Newt Gingrich to headline family values conference at liberty university:

According to the university, Gingrich will join more than 40 conservatives for The Awakening conference, a gathering that aims to "empower a new revolution" around issues of faith and core social values.
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/16/gingrich-to-headline-liberty-university-conference/

lets remind ourselves of newts family values:

Newt Gingrich's serial wife-dumping was worse than Bill Clinton's sexual escapades. In 1981, Newt dumped his first wife, Jackie Battley, for Marianne, wife number 2, while Jackie was in the hospital undergoing cancer treatment. Marianne and Newt divorced in December, 1999 after Marianne found out about Newt's long-running affair with Callista Bisek, his one-time congressional aide. Gingrich asked Marianne for the divorce by phoning her on Mother's Day, 1999. [Source: New York Post, July 18, 2000, Newt's Ex Wife Aiming to Pen Book by Bill Sanderson, available on lexis].

Newt (57) and Callista (34) were married in a private ceremony in a hotel courtyard in Alexandria, Va. in August, 2000. Here's a fuller description, from a commentary by Doug Sanders of the Cato Institute published by the Copely News Service on August 21, 2000:

"Gingrich's misbehavior goes back years. Fidelity was apparently never his strong point. After marrying his high school math teacher, Jacqueline Battley, even he admits: ''In the 1970s, things happened.''

"As a congressional candidate, he conducted an affair in 1977, a year before enlisting Jackie to write a letter attacking his opponent for planning to leave her family in the district: ''When elected, Newt will keep his family together,'' declared one unintentionally hilarious campaign ad. Gingrich ended his 19-year marriage shortly after his victory."

"He famously visited Jackie in the hospital where she was recovering from surgery for uterine cancer to discuss details of the divorce. He later resisted paying alimony and child support for his two daughters, causing a church to take up a collection. For all of his talk of religious faith and the importance of God, Gingrich left his congregation over the pastor's criticism of his divorce."

2. Hypocritical true but screwing around isn't a deal breaker for a leader, many great leaders screwed around. I'm not a Newt fan but I could care less how many hides he's tanned.

But I do like Newt better than a lot of the low IQ conservatives out there. You have to think he would not do something stupid based upon so called principles or messages from god, I think he would be more pragmatic than a lot of those on the right.

3. jem

jem

free thinker, you do not have to worry, Newt recently became a Catholic and we know how you love Catholics. he may even read from the "new" catholic bible you warned us against.