WTF mods?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by destriero, Mar 10, 2016.

1. botpro

botpro

You are off-topic.
    And: Greeks are now my best friends for hedging!... ;-)

#11     Mar 10, 2016
  2. I hadn't seen this. No idea he was digging up stuff from years ago to post on twitter.
    Gossip Traders? Sounds like a club for winners!

Comments:
    You're disrespecting our host who kindly requested that you knock it off with the Jim Nestle twitter nonsense.

I don't know you surf and you don't know me. All we have to go by is nicknames on a bulletin board. I've zero investment in whether you think I'm despicable or not. For all your bluster about being happy, successful, and well off it's clear you have little better to do with your time than try to dig up dirt on strangers from the Internet. Very sad.

You participated contemporaneously in Rearden Metal's thread and replied to my post there so don't feign surprise.

I wouldn't normally share private discussions in public but its clear you're trying to smear me so I'll state the following facts set the record straight.

In response to the allegation you just linked to, Rearden Metal vouched for me:
    "I've yet to have any red flags pop up from Blotto, and we've had dozens of PM's back and forth. Hopefully this is just some kind of misunderstanding/sincere attempt to trade value for value which can be resolved peacefully?"

Nearly 3 years later, RM and I are still friends. We were discussing the market most days last week while you were short YM. I called where to take the re-entries long in the index futures, what phase the market was in and expected targets, right through to offloading positions on Friday's news then shorting after 2000 was hit on ES. Two areas for longs and one for shorts, the main moves in the index futures last week, called in advance. You were short the whole time, missed making money on longs, and took a big loss when YM made a new multi-month high (near the price where I was saying to close longs).

Also mentioned to RM I saw April crude going to $35 when it was around $32. I didn't time the long and carrying overnight doesn't suit me, but I knew not to be short. It hit $38 the following week. You said you were short this market too.

That's the difference between someone who can read the market discussing trade ideas in private with successful friends who have proven honesty, loyalty, and continuity through the years, and some Internet blow-hard looking for attention and posting terrible trading calls to all comers.

And there's no way I'm lying about any of this. If I was, RM would say so. He's done a great job exposing frauds here. For those who don't know him, he was an equities prop trader who put up 7 figure years at Schonfeld Chicago & Echotrade and has one of the best real time calls threads on the 'net right here at ET.

Nobody has ever paid me $10k (or any other amount) for mentoring.
    And even if I had done such a deal with someone, what possible bearing does that have on any of my recent comments on the Surf Report? You're trying to make everything fit your narrative: that you are being persecuted, and that any criticism of your participation at ET must be part of a scheme to sell illegitimate trading education to newbies.

Not sure why people are protecting you surf. You tell sellindexvol66 to F off and its edited out. Baron asks you to stop posting the twitter nonsense and you've just done it again. Your journal was meant to be closed if it couldn't be done in a verifiable way and you can't get the average prices or P&L calculations correct by trade #3. Nobody cares enough about the future of your journal to volunteer their time confirming your trades.

You don't have much credibility here due to doubling down on bad calls, refusing to admit when you are wrong, and letting positions run deeply against you. Posting the odd winner doesn't change that surf, you don't read the market consistently and that is clear to anyone who has read your journal. You don't demonstrate ability to learn from your experiences which is why you keep getting the same results.

You clearly want to continue your journal in much the same fashion: that's up to Baron, but there is no reason to smear people. I've met some decent folks through ET and would prefer if you didn't make unsubstantiated and disparaging inferences about me.

#12     Mar 11, 2016
    NoBias likes this.
  3. botpro, you are out of your league here and no one asked for your input. Dest does not owe you shit and he is right..

#13     Mar 11, 2016
  4. Wow, i couldn't pay for this kind of excellent PR--- thanks!!!!

surf:D

#14     Mar 11, 2016
  5. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

I agree with botpro. Destriero should stop acting like a mod, he's just a small cog in the ET wheel like the rest of us.

:)

#15     Mar 11, 2016
  6. same is true of botpro...he is not here to defend anyone.

#16     Mar 11, 2016
  7. destriero

destriero

lol all Baron did was move it to Chit Chat. So much for "closed"

#17     Mar 11, 2016
  8. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

IMO ........ Moved to Chit Chat is the worst thing that can happen to someones thread. I prefer Delete or Closed instead of Moved to Chit Chat.

:)

#18     Mar 11, 2016
  9. destriero

destriero

Who knew that Surf was an April Fools joke.

#19     Mar 11, 2016
  10. komorebi

komorebi

Don't agree. A member's cog size is proportional to quantity of quality content (c), trading ability (a) and years served (t).

cog size ∝ c * a * t

#20     Mar 11, 2016