WTF just happened- asia up big?!?!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gangof4, Nov 20, 2008.

1. You did not know about the "dark alley" where they take shorts to take their money and administer candles to them?

I explained it on RFT's blog,

PS: Never go against a market call made by RFT on his blog and here on ET.

#11     Nov 21, 2008
  2. Sorry my friend. I thought you were just watching. My sympathy for the loss.

If I were you I would stay on the side.

Does the bottom look like a "Y" written by a greek/arab/chinese (curvey Y")?

#12     Nov 21, 2008
  3. Morph_an

Morph_an

I was long HSI at 11800 and close the trade at 12100 :-(, It hink its 12800 now. I too was looking for the reason behind the huge jump.

Perhaps BOJ's decision to pump money to the banks generate this rally.

#13     Nov 21, 2008
  4. I've looked everywhere and the only thing I could find is Bloomberg.com has a story about BOJ keeping the rate at 0.3%, which looks like it may have been announced around the time of the rally. However, it looks like that was the market's expectation, so it's pretty surprising all the markets would rally so hard on that news.

That was one nasty rally though. I missed out on the whole thing (since STW had no meaningful pullback) which drove me nuts, but I was consoling myself and thanking my creator that at least I wasn't short. Sorry about your loss.

#14     Nov 21, 2008
  5. paradox

paradox

Some news on the forex news feed of japanese pension funds buying stocks to push up nikkei.

#15     Nov 21, 2008
  6. It was leaked news from Hong-Kong-Fong finance minister Krem-Sum-Yung-Gui that his stuttering hank voodoo doll had secretly informed him of a suprise 50bp coordinated worldwide rate cut in the morning.

#16     Nov 21, 2008
  7. The asian market run up was caused by celebration of the fact the US market would only be open one more day before the weekend.....they were giving high fives while BUYING knowing we could only SELL, SELL, SELL our market for one more day before the weekend!!! :D

#17     Nov 21, 2008
  8. gangof4

gangof4

these clowns are amazing. the broad on bloomberg just read her script again just now with the banner below touting the big fall in asian stocks. they've only been up for 2 hours. i guess the writers write the stories based upon the US close and then go home. talking heads just keep mindlessly reading. i should be watching south park instead...

#18     Nov 21, 2008
  9. YM up 211 as of now.

#19     Nov 21, 2008
  10. The funniest was earlier in the evening CNBC were saying "very ugly trading in asia now, with steep losses on the Hang Seng"

What was hang seng down today at the most earlier? -300 ? Wow - those are STEEEEP loses. Such exageratters.

I find myself watching the mind numbing news....gotta put a stop to it soon.

#20     Nov 21, 2008