Wtf Is Wrong With Ib??!!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by chewbacca, Aug 9, 2007.

1. how does IB force risk control on customers? i planned on going with them one day. cheers.

#31     Aug 14, 2007
  2. Obviously this guy over leveraged and received a margin call.....

#32     Aug 14, 2007
  3. i`ve been with them for over 10 years & have always had nothing but good to say about them......but since vol has picked up & to "protect" their customer base they have doubled intra day margin rates or slashed your size in 1/2 overnight.
    over $3500.00 per contract intraday....absolutely ludicrous.

this is a time to step on the gas with vol like this...NOT to slam on the breaks.for a scaler/pyramider like me this is when i need the most size so i can pyramid to top size.
    i`d go with another platfrorm if i were you & learn that....ecry,ninja,etc....unfortunately for me,i dislike change,especially in a time of vol like this....i need to make reflex moves rather than think about what i have to do.

too bad all good things come to an end,IB.....Timber Hill going public was the first sign of garbage to come.

#33     Aug 14, 2007
  4. So their protection of their interests is considered personal risk control???

Perhaps with all the volatility they have experienced a number of insane traders and decided it's better to head it off at the pass than become a casualty of war.

Just a thought, not a statement.

#34     Aug 14, 2007
  5. wrong jackass.....the point of a leveraged product is to go full throttle intra day.....where risk is always controlled.if one can`t control their own risk,one should not trade.

does that sound Unfamiliar to you? bet it does.

#35     Aug 14, 2007
  6. Didnt know my ass looked like Jack?? By the way, who is Jack and what does he look like.... Not that I stare at my ass in the mirror.....

Someone is hyped today. I get that way too. LOL...

I am very familiar with PERSONAL risk management....... But if you get a nut who puts in stops and because the market JUMPED, his stop was missed so now he is in the tank... well... perhaps you as the extender of credit may want to control YOUR risk exposure... Which may result in controlling his risk exposure.....

But then, hell what do I know. Not like I ever controlled any money in my life.... Or ran a business and had to control the limits to which my employees exposed my Jack look-a-like ass....

#36     Aug 14, 2007
  7. djxput

djxput

Ya I dont trade the ES atm ... and I did notice All CME quotes were down for most of the day with Qcharts. Doesnt usually happen.
    I do agree with the risk control being in the customers hands. Obviosuly if your account goes into the negative then something should be sold off immediately. And then a margin call is in place but dont raise magins because you want to babysit traders.

#37     Aug 14, 2007
  8. Allow me to apologize.

None of the contracts I have traded have had their margina altered anymore than what the exchange itself has made changes....

I dont trade the ES, so if thats the one you are speaking of, I am totally out of place....

I read the 4% margin change email, but it had no bearing on what I trade, so I ignored it.....

#38     Aug 14, 2007

9. another ass for the masses here at ET whom conjures up theories on people he knows nothing about.

you know NOT what you speak.....so don`t make ASSumptions on people you do not know.

don`t bother with another insipid rebuttal because im done with you for now.

btw,congrats on the failed bisiness attempt....you`re guaranteed to fail in this one as well.

#39     Aug 14, 2007
  10. Another illiterate SOB who can read everything I wrote before he spouted off based on his EFFed up position in life... Scroll down CHUMP!!!

I actually had the audacity to apologize to you.... Big F***in' Loser.....

BTW, thanks for the news, I wasn't aware that any of my businesses had failed.... Man Trusting my wife sucks, she keeps me insulated from these things. LMBO!!!!

#40     Aug 14, 2007