Wtf Is Wrong With Ib??!!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by chewbacca, Aug 9, 2007.

1. ER9

ER9

check out sierra charts as mentioned. since you have an IB account you can get pretty impresive charting for $25 a month. its not perfect solution because your relying on IB's data feed which still will have hickups but it will be lightyears ahead of what your using now. unfortunatelly if you want extremely reliable charting and data you just have to pony up the $$$.

#21     Aug 13, 2007
  2. QuoteTracker is a Great program for charting... I have used it alongside my Pro charting pkg. If I didnt need signals, I might use it exclusively. it's fast and nimble... expecially with a ton of chart windows open...

#22     Aug 13, 2007
  3. pirate

pirate

Does anyone else find all this whining about IB a bit absurd? You get rock bottom commissions, lightning executions and global markets. Sure, the charts are awful but everyone knows that.

Use QuoteTracker for charts - they're great and, contrary to what the OP suggested, support isn't bad either (any queries of mine are answered within minutes and I've had no expensive "trial and error" problems).

#23     Aug 13, 2007
  4. there is also ensign charting. ya cheapskate:D

#24     Aug 13, 2007
  5. djxput

djxput

I've tried almost ever single charting program and I still always come back to Qcharts. Their charting is just that good to me. The program doesnt have much else.

But if you like charts its hard to compete ...

#25     Aug 13, 2007
  6. i guess you don`t trade ES.....i`ve had no data all day on ES with Q charts.
    time to get the hell away from Q & IB for behaving like an amateur firm & forcing "risk control" on their customers.....if one can`t control risk..they should not trade.let the customer be the judge,that`s what all the disclaimers are for.

#26     Aug 13, 2007
  7. My IB charts are always spot on...but then I dont do spliff's during trading hours...

#27     Aug 13, 2007
  8. Giles, just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "If I didnt need signals"? Anything special? QT can do some excellent signalling as well.

Ursa..

#28     Aug 13, 2007
  9. SO you are saying I can set up an AT strategy with signalling in QT??

I missed that application.......

Please advise...

#29     Aug 13, 2007
  10. No. I'm not saying you can; just asking a question. What's an AT strategy?

Ursa..

#30     Aug 14, 2007