Wtf Is Wrong With Ib??!!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by chewbacca, Aug 9, 2007.

1. same problem this morning.....ym works fine yet es charts are horrible - absolutely no excuse for this.......as far as quotetracker.......its free and you get what you pay for - not saying its a bad program but you can forget about support.......you have to figure out all those features thru trail and error and trail and error in trading is always expensive......IB should just out source all charts/analytics to a to a third party.......since they can't get it right and don't even want to then just drop all those features and outsource to third party agent that knows how to handle those features.

#11     Aug 13, 2007
  2. It's amazing how many people rely on their broker (i.e. the company that you pay to deliver reliable execution of trades, nothing else!) to provide data and charting software FOR FREE. lmao.

#12     Aug 13, 2007
  3. Catoosa

Catoosa

Charts is not IB's "Thing". I use IB for what they do great and get great charting elsewhere. Ouotetracker is close to free with IB data.

#13     Aug 13, 2007
  4. Instead of expecting IB to improve the charting (which will take a very long time to go) or ask them to buy this-or-that third-party program (which it won't do unless you pay for them :p), why bother when there is already a solution in your hand?

Shut down any IB Charts you open.
    Pick any third-party charting software you prefer.
    Move on. Forget about IB Charts all together.

It's the best you can do.

#14     Aug 13, 2007

5. fair enough......but then they should't offer data or charts at all if that's not their 'thing'.........instead of offering a half-ass non-functional version of data and charts.......okay it felt good to bash them........i feel better now.

#15     Aug 13, 2007
  6. Most brokers offer BASIC charting..

So dont get bent out of shape that IB's Basic charting isnt good enough. Thats why there are PROFESSIONAL charting pkgs.....

Hope you still feel better. LOL

#16     Aug 13, 2007
  7. try sierra chart.i have used it for a few yrs now and like it

#17     Aug 13, 2007
  8. WD40

WD40

get a grip on life.

#18     Aug 13, 2007
  9. Yep the chart is not good. But that is thoughtless to say they shouldn't offer anything at all if it's not their thing. Either a super charting or no charting?! It only leads to more bashing.

How come I can't even open a simple chart to watch the price pattern? You are telling me I need to grab one to do just a simple task. It's non-sense.

Basic charting is still required but it is what they are for. If you want advanced charting, get third-party products.

#19     Aug 13, 2007
  10. IB offers basic charting to attract n00bs like you. Why any serious trader would even consider using IB's charting is beyond me. Just start doing some research and some auto-thinking.

Also, if you say QT is free and 'you get what you pay for' themn again, why are u even considering IB, which is even freeer.
    Moreover, QT is an excellent program and it took me only an hour to get it running and a day to find out the nuts-and-bolts. If QT is to difficult for you to comprehend I suggest you stop trading.

I know it is part of their business model but I wish IB wouldn't try to attract these whining n00bs anymore.

Ursa..

#20     Aug 13, 2007