WTF is the deal with these flash mobs?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Guns are tricky, I think there are plenty of decent citizens that have the discipline and maturity to carry.

Problem is, joe schmo is legally carrying concealed, flash mob breaks out, some young punk punches you in the face, you turn around and shoot him dead.

Then what? Now you're fucked.

BTW, flash mobs and uptick in crime is a summer thing. Weather turns nice, idiots go nuts.

#21     Jun 6, 2011

2. Turned 55 years ago. Listen Pal, don't take it out on me just because your man Weiner had a bad day.

:cool:

#22     Jun 6, 2011
  3. Look, down here in P&R is just an extension of Stormfront. Any decent mod would have banned this Maverick idiot a long long time ago, and any decent administration would have had a strict policy on hate speech anywhere on this forum. Instead it's allowed everywhere, so you have to wade through all kinds of shit to get to an intelligent discussion about actual trading technique. I think they do this just to up their traffic, but their traffic would actually be much higher if they turned this into a decent place. I mean the administration appears to think all traders are white or Asian, male, and racist assholes. This despite the evidence of guys like Buffett or Soros, both of whom are white & male, but neither of whom could ever be accused of being racist. (Why are the most successful also not at all racist? Because they're secure. Simple.)
    Buffett left the Republicans because he had strong objections to their incessant race-baiting. So the Dems gained a good businessman, trader, and investor, but one whose economic views are for the most part mainstream Republican, or were before the Tea Party appeared. Think mainstream back in Nixon's time, I guess. This crap even distorts people's choices about where to hang their hat politically.

Anyway, you're fighting a losing battle. These guys are allowed because, as far as I can tell, most of these "traders" are small-time numbnuts with no brains and less sense, and take out their bitterness at being small-time numbnuts by posting here.
    They are supported by a group of successful traders whose attitudes are at least as bad, if not worse. Google the infamous PP if you don't believe me (you know who I'm talking about). His initials matched his intellect, once you discussed anything outside of trading. An idiot savant.

#23     Jun 6, 2011
  4. So why does so called hate speech need to be banned? Who died and made you judge?

As an American I'm proud that we have the right to say whatever the fuck we want. What we don't have the right to do is infringe on others rights, which is kind of what you're doing. And what does the P&R section have to do with trading anyway?

#24     Jun 6, 2011
  5. Bullshit.
    It's a private forum. The only rights you have are the ones the administration allows you to have.
    This is the same kind of crap as some idiot saying his free speech rights were infringed for talking smack about his employer and then getting fired.
    Free speech is only guaranteed in the sense the government can't interfere. When you're on someone else's property or are employed by someone other than yourself though, you follow their rules on the subjects they tell you you have to follow them on, or you leave.

#25     Jun 6, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, i think this is the dumbest fucking rant i have ever seen on this site. Congratulations. :D

#26     Jun 6, 2011
  7. Which is why ET has the P&R and chit chat section, to talk about dumb shit and say stupid things without getting the boot.

#27     Jun 6, 2011
  8. As to the 2nd question, no this particular part of ET got nuthin to do with trading. But amazing statements that I've seen people banned for on other forums get made all over the place around here. It's a crappy atmosphere around here as a result, and I, for one, don't visit much anymore precisely for that reason.

#28     Jun 6, 2011
  9. They simply don't entirely enclose their "racist" beliefs. What you think of as "racist" is quite common throughout the upper class. That doesn't mean that they are KKK supporters or skinheads. They simply believe that races exist and biological factors affect social outcomes in individuals and civilizations. It's not "hateful" it's just deductive, and is quite commonly held within the upper class, WASPy, country club culture. Also is a belief in some semblance of cultural/ethnic identity. You can whine, cry, scream, and kick your feet about that all you like, but it's true. Also true is that the opinions you read here pretty accurately represent the overall opinions of white America.

However, the site owners are correct. Most traders are white, asian, jewish, protestant, or catholic. They are also overwhelmingly male.

#29     Jun 6, 2011
  10. Yeah Past Prime was a hoot, but it looks like he left spores, and they germinated. You're not the first one who has had a similar reaction. I am tolerant of people who may not have a lot of travel experience or who are young, but PP and Rennick know better, they are just good ol fashioned jim crow bigots. Fuck em both. At least Mav has some contributing function as a competent trader

#30     Jun 6, 2011