wtf is going on with fre/fnm

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by newguy05, Sep 23, 2008.

1. i dont see any news, both went up 50% today. what the hell?

2. Daal

Daal

maybe hope that they will be able to fight against the warrants like aig?

3. S2007S

S2007S

Thats what I have been hearing. I own this around .60 and thinking of taking profit, but might as well just forget about it and come back to it hopefully someday above $5.00.

4. hoppurr

hoppurr

Bailouts, plus it looks good with regard to technical analysis. (ie. the double top and tripple top breakouts if you're using P&F charts)

5. gaj

gaj

well, what i see it as is a combination of:

-> normal short covering / lottery playing of eventual worthless stock...short covering (at 30c) from those who were short from much higher and figure why hold on any longre?
    -> unable to short exc. through puts; (which i got a bunch of today) or through FNA. normally, smarter people are able to short the common, unable with recent 'no shorting!' rules.

check out the action between 10:15 and 10:45 ; on these cheapies, that's textbook high % top setup.

normally, any cheapies that are long-since-known to be 'worthless' have double/triples from their lows. that's nothing new...

6. so u guys think fnm and fre wont be trading at 15 to 30 dollars a share in 6months to a year?

7. maybe the government sponsored bailout will be funded by profits from the AIG/FNM/FRE trades hehe

in all honesty i know its shit for the credit markets that this is not getting passed quick but i am glad lawmakers are at least taking some time to think this over...

8. I think the gov't should just back stop the mortgages instead of buying them up.

9. Adobian

Adobian

At this point they are being investigated by FBI?

10. Bootsie

Bootsie

No, they're going to zero...

#10     Sep 24, 2008