WTF is going on today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Mecro, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Absofundamentally agree! :D

~Scientist

#21     Jun 10, 2003
  2. I find I trade best when I am doing other things than staring at every tick.

It keeps objectivity.

Set ups jump out of the screen instead of blank stares at the screen creating what looks like a good set up.

#22     Jun 10, 2003
  3. Agree. That's why I was reading books ... :)

~Scientist

#23     Jun 10, 2003
    #24     Jun 10, 2003
  5. Kap

Kap

#25     Jun 10, 2003
  6. vonk

vonk

If you can't put on the trade, place your stops and go to Starbucks, you're overtrading.

#26     Jun 10, 2003
  7. Those boredom trades can be tough. I think I need to get better at taking a break in the middle of the day when days get this slow. I will sit an try to pay attention thru the BS and by the time the close comes where there is at least the potential for move I am so bored to death and unfocused that I miss the opps.

#27     Jun 10, 2003
  8. JT47319

JT47319

Incredibly easy day. 7 point range on the ES, very little risk except overtrading.

A little gap up, but otherwise it consistently ranged between obviously known values. After the Initial Balance in the first hour was known, the Upper Value Area and the Lower Value Area were each hit something like 6 times. Mild risk for medium reward of 4 pts.

Other than the final breakup, it was day for pit traders, not long-term players moving the market.

#28     Jun 10, 2003
  9. well said.....very well said

#29     Jun 10, 2003
  10. trader99

trader99

I would be glad if I was just down $80! Gosh, I'm down many multiples of that. But I know I'll make it back because I can. Right now, it's a pain in the ass though to think about it.

So, what did you lose on? I traded the future as well and made back some. Should have held longer on my long bond futures though.

What I should have done is NOT get in such a huge option positions.. I should know better. Oh well.

#30     Jun 10, 2003