WTF is going on in the ER2????

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by bigbob, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Lewcifer

Lewcifer

As long as your idea of "crack" isn't plumber's butt...

By the way, there was substance to my post - I strongly believe it will attempt an upward rally before giving up the ghost and collapsing further. I'd go long and get ready to switch short as soon as the tide turns.

#21     Sep 24, 2006
  2. BCE

BCE

Actually your cat was fading you. Should have let those trades go as you would have cleaned up (........not the keyboard). The number one rule of all traders should be - Don't cancel orders if your cat is fading you. Also if you look in the fine print of the app you signed with your broker it mentions to only cancel these orders at your own risk and the broker is not responsible, etc. :)

#22     Sep 24, 2006
  3. magyar

magyar

I saw that too.......that guy just kept selling and selling and selling and selling.....it was like the energizer bunny!

probably some hedge funds or mutual funds were executing a selling program........from what I hear they short futures to make up for the slippage in the stock sales.

#23     Sep 24, 2006
  4. katesdp

katesdp

Or it's the Rosh Hashana - Yom Kippur trade.

#24     Sep 25, 2006
  5. bigbob

bigbob

Well, it's Oct 2, Yom Kippur, about 10:45 am CST, and the er2 is bumping its head again. 732.10 is the price. No one wants to push up through it.

#25     Oct 2, 2006
  6. bigbob

bigbob

I think these guys might have bought these back going into yesterday's close @ 761.50 up to 763.50. Looks like they lost 30 or 40 handles on anywhere from 6,000 to 10,000 contracts. I'll bet they had a bad hair day, too.

Bob

#26     Oct 13, 2006
  7. mtwokay

mtwokay

Well ER2 has been moving like the Titanic the last 2 days. It's starting to look a lot like ES. The range has been pretty good but it's taking forever for decent setups to form. I used to get 1-2 points in a heart beat now it's taking 30min.

#27     Oct 13, 2006
  8. bigbob

bigbob

I'll agree with you there. This week has kind of sucked. A lot of congested trading and then some short pops.

Bob

#28     Oct 13, 2006
  9. 2ticks

2ticks

Same glacial movement in YM too. 20pt in 15m on YM is tough (unless planes are crashing :eek: :) ).

Even yesterday, with DOW up 100 or so, 25 or so of those points were gapped from the open. It took all day to grind up, basically 2, 30+ pt moves each taking hours.

This rally is extremely tentative. Just stay on the right side of the pops and prosper

#29     Oct 13, 2006
  10. TinGull

TinGull

Out of curiousity, those of you that have been trading for a while.... how are you feeling about this market right now? I mean...every person you read about seems to be thinking the market is gonna correct, and by all technical signals it seems like it should. Is it truly a government thing with elections? I really feel like the rally is way overextended...

Just curious. And yea, I can hardly get a bite off the ER2 this past week and a half.

#30     Oct 13, 2006