WTF is Farve's problem?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by killthesunshine, Jul 12, 2008.

1. AAA

You are way off base...IMO Farve always has been and always wll be one of the most OVERATED qbs' in Football...He won a Sssperrbowl with Reggie White in 98.....what has he accomplished since then that allows him to blow up a football team?

He's gotten a free pass for 10 years .....Madden and the press love the guy for some reason..

He gets addicted to drugs? the press deems it a ' personal problem"..and its never mentioned again

His team fails to get deep into the playoffs for 10 years? its the lack of talent around him..

Brett throws 4 interceptions in a playoff game? " he's just being Brett doggonit"

Brett held the team hostage the last three years with his retirement talk...but the press never calls him selfish....

Brett throws almost 40 interceptions 2 years ago....but they are not his fault...other QBS Like Eli Manning are crucified for " bad judgement" but Bret is just being a gun slinger as he throws away his teams chance for victory

Brett threatens to retire a couple years agao unless they fire the head coach...but Brett is not a back stabber he just wants win

Listen, is he a sure fire HOF er? of course...but is he an overated and whiney pain in the ass at this point? I think his actions the last few days have shown his true colors

#21     Jul 15, 2008
  2. If he's so terrible, why don't they just honor his request to be released? Surely they do not intend to pay him $13 mill to sit on the bench? They are trying to make it so distasteful for him he will not force their hand and come back, which I find offensive. The thing that makes me say I would fire coach and GM is that they know they are a better team with him under center. In fact no one seems to deny that. But they want to "go in a different direction?" So they can be a worse team? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me or most fans, I'm guessing.

He was terrible a couple of years ago. But his approach is win or die trying. He's not out there trying to keep it close or not look bad. He has always put it all on the line. His way has worked well enough to make him a unanimous first ballot HOFer and there ain't too many of them.

I think the team's plan will be to let him come back and string him along, humiliate him as much as possible, then release him so late that it makes it tough for another team to pick him up. Heck of a way to treat a guy that put the team on his shoulders and took them to the NFC championship game last year.

#22     Jul 15, 2008
  3. Stop being such an apologist for Brett...he has enough of them out there...Joe Willie Namath was a first ballot HOF....all he did was throw 220 INTS and only 200 TDs'...but because of the PRESS perception of him...first ballot HOF....Fran Tarkenton? When he retired he HELD EVERY MAJOR PASSING RECORD.....he went to 4 superbowls and yet...he was not first ballot....

The reason you don't just release him is the same reason the eagles had with TO and Tampa had with Keyshawn....you try to salvage some value....They were supposed to retire his jersey opening day against the vikes for christs sake....now he wants to go play for them? Some leader....for the last two years we had to endure later season games with Green bay and listen to the press wax poetic about Brett...Brett this..Brett that...this could be Bretts last game...this could be the last time he drinks gatorade..yadee yadee ya...

what happens if Brett comes back and you start off 5-1 and then Bretty boy decides I don;t want to do this after all? I changed my mind again? gimme a break....

#23     Jul 15, 2008
  4. AAA is not a trader...or if he is ...he's not a good one. Because he doesn't understand the value of the "call" that the Packers hold on the rest Farve's caarrer. They're gonna release that right for free? LOL!!!

If Brett the Diva demands to be reinstated then who ever wants hims is gonna have pay up to the Packers...simple as that. Or he can ride the pine for 3 years and pull 39 million and destroy the team and locker room and walk away just slightly richer. Go Brett Go Brett.

#24     Jul 15, 2008
  5. I don't understand the resentment. If you're a Packer fan, I predict you will look back and long for the days when you had him leading your team.

If the team thinks they can get something of value for him, I think that is their right. They should stop talking about "preserving his legacy" though. They should just say "we want to try to squeeze something out of this situation, even though he is perhaps the greatest player in our team's long history. And if it screws up his chances to play again, that is even better."

Like I said, this ends with the GM and possibly the coach losing their jobs over it. They have shown stunning incompetence and pettiness.

#25     Jul 15, 2008
  6. the GM and coach have done the right thing...now Brett is being caught in his own lies due to the interview he gave...

on Greta he said he changed his mind in late march...but at the same time rumors came out he sent a text message to a reporter that said it was all BS and he definitely didn't want to come back...then in late march he contacted the pack and said i may be having a change of heart about retiring...the GM and coach said ok and planned a trip down MS to talk about it with him...but a week later he called them and said forget it...i don't want to come back!!! ( the pack had even planned a press conference to announce his comeback but had to cancel it BECAUSE HE CHANGED HIS MIND AGAIN)

even NOW he still isn't saying 100% I WANT TO PLAY...you know what he is??? He's the High school prom queen who dumps her boyfreind and then starts getting angry because the guy she dumped starts dating other people....she doesn't want him back but she is pissed that he is dating someone else...

The Pak GM has handled this well...and I think Brett's constant flip flopping and LIES has forced their hand...they have to do what is best for the TEAM not just sir brett and his legacy..again, what happens if they say" ok Brett , your back and your the starting QB " ...and then on July 30th Brett decides its too hot and too much work and changes his mind AGAIN"???? good luck convincing Aaron Rodgers that we beleive in you as our leader

#26     Jul 16, 2008
  7. I'm inclined to go along with TM on most of this. Although the main problem with Fran tarkenton was that the Queens lost all their Superbowls with him there! Favre's 1-1 with a boat load of records. You put him in if you believe he'd be better than Rogers, and I sure wouldn't guarantee it. Again I'll say after watching Favre all these years he, as in personally, is responsible for many of the Packers loses, including the stupid ass pass to end the season last year. The "gunslinger" b.s. is a great marketing tool, but in his case it was mostly a lack of discipline to wait on a better option. Over the course of the years he screwed up more games with that crap than won, and ones he won in the closing minutes were most likely set up as a result of errors on his part in the game. There were an endless amount of times broadcasters or Favre himself after the game said a reciever was running the wrong route when it was simply Favre forcing a throw. Yea he's a great competitor, I'd take him on my team, and he doesn't quit because he stubbed his toe, or broke a thumb on his throwing hand(that is amazing), or gets knocked out and comes back in 3 plays later to score a TD. Those things as well as the records, and a Superbowl ring do get him in on the 1st round. But if he doesn't play for the Pack again, I won't be upset either way, I just want the end of season, and now preseason, bullshit to end. I really don't give a f*** about the feelings of another multimillionaire and his team and "oh woes is me what should I do, they are so mean to me, after all I did". To top if off I keep wasting time talking about it here and in the real world!
    GO PACK! I was born a few years before the first Superbowls and I lived through 30 years with no Superbowl, I'll live through this. LOL :D :D :D

#27     Jul 16, 2008
  8. TM,

So why not release him? The Packers look like they want to have their cake and eat it too.

#28     Jul 16, 2008
  9. Better to trade him. The NFL isn't a charity.

#29     Jul 16, 2008
  10. I don't have an issue with them doing that, but if they drag it out it begins to look like they just want to keep him from playing at all. They have said publicly that Rodgers is their QB. We know they are not going to pay a guy $13 mill to sit. So they need to trade him before training camp or give him his unconditional release.

#30     Jul 16, 2008