WTF is Farve's problem?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by killthesunshine, Jul 12, 2008.

1. It seems like there is more going on than the Favre family lets on. His brother who seems to be his spokesperson was whining that the Pack front office never expressed a desire to have him back. Well lo and behold it comes out that in March after his announcement they hear he wants to come back. Thompson and McCarthy chartered a jet to fly to Favre to get it all set up, and just before they are to leave he calls and says he changed his mind again. They then kept in contact with him, Thompson flying down to the Favre estate, and having lunch with him in June, McCarthy talking to him regularly on the phone, and the whole time Favre never committing. I guess that doesn't count as showing interest in him coming back....lol. I'm thinking he and his agent have been contacted by another team and know exactly where he wants to go which is why he wants to be released. Ain't going to happen, unless they know for sure he isn't going in the division, or the NFC for that matter.:p
    I'll throw this out also, Favre is responsible for as many losses as wins. He's lost quite a few games throughout the years with his "gunslinging", as a matter of fact he lost the last playoff game throwing a spectacularly crappy pass! I've wanted to wring his hick neck more times than I can count. Yet, through it all like too many Packer fans I think he's more likely to get them back in the playoffs than Rogers, he's a blast to watch when he's on, and would like to see him starting. Rogers essentially hasn't played football in a couple years, he watched, and trained, but has only seen a Dallas game last year for a bit and otherwise didn't even come in much to kneel down at the end of a game.

#11     Jul 14, 2008
  2. Good to see ya AAA. Hopefully we get another great year of commentary from you!

Who would have thought the Browns would be the NFL's Cinderella team this year...

#12     Jul 14, 2008
  3. YES, YES, to the Vikes baby!!! :D

#13     Jul 14, 2008
  4. LOL...I'd hate to have to root against the guy! Come on, you have the great big bead wearing Tavarius(sp) Jackson, what do you need Favre for? LOL Seriously with the run game the Queens have potentially you shouldn't need a great QB, just some that can deliver a pass here and there. How's Sharper doing? Have you noticed his mouth never stops.

#14     Jul 14, 2008
  5. Perhaps he woke up and realized that what he really wanted to retire from was freezing his ass off every other Sunday.

#15     Jul 14, 2008
  6. I can't argue with that! Last year during the really crappy weather games, he looked like he was hating it, as opposed to a few years before where he seemed unfazed.

#16     Jul 14, 2008
  7. Diva

#17     Jul 15, 2008
  8. The guy did an exclusive interrview with Greta??????

and what about Rodgers? Farve is F-ing up this kids mind and making it even tougher for him to succeed...
    He could have done all this in PRIVATE ....yet he does Greta last night???? sheeesh Prima Donna

#18     Jul 15, 2008
  9. Yep, The Packers didn't come out with anything until his dumbass brother started whining how the Pack doesn't want him back. Both sides should have done this behind closed doors and been done with it. I have no problem with his changing his mind and the Packers need to make the call , can Rogers wait another year, trade either one..blah, blah, blah.
    Hard to give to big a crap, unlike some of the complete nut cases here. You have a multimillionaire who wants to unretire to make millions, for whichever team with a bunch of millionaires, and teams that charge $40-200 for a ticket to watch them. On the other side, in Wisconsin we have a GM plant dumping a few thousand, and airline laying/firing off 1200, GE healthcare laying off a few 100, and whatever other layoffs that I missed. So I love the Pack and loved having Favre, but really don't give a F*** about what happens, and am sick of the whole b.s..
    Ah, I could go on, but feel better now, and Bernanke and Bush have got to be about done so I need to trade. :D :D :D

#19     Jul 15, 2008
  10. I think Brett did a smart thing going on Gretta. He is in a battle with the team, which has the local media under its thumb. Ultimately the fans will force the front office's hand, and the fans love Brett.

If I owned the team, I would fire the coach and GM immediately. If Brett does not come back and start and they don't get to the Super Bowl, they will have to be fired anyway. This is not some washed up vet trying to hang on for a paycheck. Favre had one of his best years ever last year. He is arguably the third best QB in the league. The idea that the Packers would sit him behind Rodgers is not only ridiculous, it is offensive.

Brett owes nothing to Aaron Rodgers. Since when is one of the greatest QBs in league history supposed to step aside for a guy who will probably be a journeyman at best?

The Washington papers are running stories today speculating that the Redskins would love to sign Favre. I doubt they would trade for him and his big contract, but Washington would make a great place for him to spend a couple of seasons. Big media market, indulgent owner, rabid fans, new coach trained under Holmgren and a team that made the playoffs with no Qb last year.

#20     Jul 15, 2008