Wtf Ib?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by flipflopper, Sep 18, 2008.

1. If any of you guys were with IB back in 2002, you probably remember the dreaded "Cannot value this contract at this time" message box on a frequent basis. I probably had that happen to me at least a half dozen times during all the volatility between July and Oct of 02.

You guys can draw your own conclusions.

#11     Sep 18, 2008
  2. Why would IB care if you were trading an exchange traded contract?

I draw no conclusion at all.

They carry 100's of thousands of symbols.

uptime is 99.99

I do have some issues with quoting bugs, but they remain because no on else cares, sees them , or is reporting it.

I work around it, let the losers see bad smartquotes.

#12     Sep 18, 2008
  3. This is yet another reason why I no longer trust IB to broker my trades, and a further reason why I do not compound contracts to the sky.

#13     Sep 18, 2008
  4. They're not going to give me shit...

They said they don't compensate for opportunity costs since I was flat during the outage.

:mad: :mad:

#14     Sep 18, 2008
  5. nassau

nassau

we had the same problem most of the week.

lost of data, can't exit so you watch in some cases your profit go to a loss.
    happens every time just before an announcement of move, we notice it usually is a short squeeze.
    can't hurt it is options expiry.

seems in a very short time there will not be a market just a Nationalized Free Market? owed and operationed by the USA gov't. and friends.

and they wonder why they are hated.

w

#15     Sep 18, 2008
  6. very likely its the tin can and string you use to connect.

I saw no loss of any data all week.

#16     Sep 18, 2008
  7. J.P.

J.P.

Same thing happened to me twice. Couldn't get a straight answer from IB. First they said it was low margin. Then they looked at how much I had (much more than needed) and transferred me to someone else and we did the math together and he admitted it could not be margin. Then the problem seemed to cleared up by itself ... for now.

#17     Sep 19, 2008
  8. You should escalate these issues to management so that they can be addressed, including the fact that lower level CS are not addressing your bug reports.

#18     Sep 19, 2008