WTF happened to the block function?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by destriero, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Well, absolutely. The more I learn and discern from a poster like destriero on the options front makes me a smarter person regarding options. How I utilize that knowledge is up to me, but the information he may present and being available is priceless. If he curses me out for being a dumbass is irrelevant to the knowledge imparted. They are mutually exclusive.

All input is welcome. I never claimed that "trolls" or anyone on one side of a curve was or is detrimental.

I think all input is equally valuable. All one needs to do is sift the wheat from the chaff.

Like panning for gold bits. Lots of it is sand, but some bits are valuable gold.

#71     Feb 1, 2021
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I knew a PhD student (Psychology) in college that did research into this issue but back then there wasn't social media.

She did many interviews with with leaders in France and the United States...now looking back...she was dead on about what she discover.

Sometimes it makes me feel dirty that I literally need to take a shower in an effort to wash away my interaction with trolls and assholes on social media. Simply, doing that type of interaction too long beyond some threshold can become very problematic.

wrbtrader

#72     Feb 1, 2021
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Man, you need a thicker skin, if you feel the need to "wash away" online interaction. The fuck is wrong with everyone here? You guys would never survive Usenet and IRC. Don't be punk-asses!

Just chill out!

#73     Feb 1, 2021
  4. themickey

themickey

All input is not equally valuable, where do you get that from?
    As for sifting wheat from chaff, agree with that, which is what the ignore function achieves.
    Tolerating nonsense via reading every poster is just that; tolerating nonsense.
    You might consider spending the day listening to children in a playground as valuable, which I don't.

#74     Feb 1, 2021
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

That's it...the skin is too thick. At some point it gets so thick...it starts to grow some weird stuff...you want to go get back to normalcy and we all know that a good wash will wash away dead skin and whatever else that started to grow. :D

Grass-On-Toes.png

wrbtrader

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    #75     Feb 1, 2021
  6. Overnight

Overnight

I got it from my own head? Bleh!

#76     Feb 1, 2021
  7. Nobert

Nobert

Once in a year i give a look to one forum that has no ignore, neither block options.

It's terrible without those. The quality of conversations falls next to youtube comment section.

I found ignore/blocking option useful for few reasons :
    #1. Someone is acting like an ahole for no obvious reason with you or other members.

#2. If a user ignores your question(s) few times in a row & haven't liked any of your posts/threads in the last ~6 months, by dafault i assume that he has me on ignore, so what's the point of me reading his comments. Fair.

#3. Bragging.
    ,,I made 57% per year , 21 years in a row"
    While that's the very first post ever here.
    Other types of ego related comments.

#4. Being stuborn - narrow - close minded player.
    Life is to short for fixing those. If one thinks that he knows it all, then so be it, but i don't wan't any of that & just a waste of time.

#5. ,,Open public attack on you".
    Specially in disquise as a joke/praise. That's the worst of the worst.

Wheres in the forum without ignore/block option, everyone has to deal with those narcissist/sociopaths/fools.

Ain't pleasant place to be.

Another option :
    134676684_4175846315776736_7929161467495007473_o.jpg
    Imagine mastering this approach. Wouldn't 2021 and beyond become much better.

P.s. 30 day option is the way to go. People change.

Timestamped
    (Few sentences)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    #77     Feb 7, 2021
    wrbtrader and vanzandt like this.
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

One of the best features rarely discussed at this forum...

The forum owner...as in Baron...has the ability to ban a user from a thread. I've seen this feature used against members even without a warning nor explanation. :D

wrbtrader

#78     Feb 7, 2021
  9. Nobert

Nobert

As a leader you can't please everyone.

Probably know the thread you're having in mind.
    Had thoughts, that the best option would have been - to step out of that small conflict, like - ,,Whatever, if you say so..."

It escalated to the point where it became difficult to follow & the direction of thread turned 180 degrees.
    Another option was - to put her on ignore/block & save all of that time/energy.
    (If it's same thread that were ,,speaking" about. If not then apologies & - ,,whatever..." :D)

#79     Feb 7, 2021
    wrbtrader likes this.
  10. destriero

destriero

So it's been less than three years, but I've got the highest views, like% and followers, and I've asked three times in as many months to have my block reinstated.

Consider this my resignation!

#80     May 6, 2023