WTF happened to the block function?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by destriero, Sep 14, 2020.

1. virtusa

virtusa

ROFLMAO

Your reaction tells it all.You appparently got very frustrated.

If Des is important for you it means that:
    • you still have a lot to learn
    • you are depending from him so hanging on his lips
    • you need his knowledge to be profitable
    I must admit that you master his language (bad words) already very good.

#51     Sep 25, 2020
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

I caught "smallfill" pulling the same stunt; he's not on my ignore list so must have me blocked, yet he can't help himself from talking shit and follow me around. I reported it based on this new standard of shit talking, but mods/admins clearly have their biases

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/search/11509116/?q=here4bs&o=date&c[user][0]=38552

upload_2020-10-1_8-28-2.png upload_2020-10-1_8-29-16.png

#52     Oct 1, 2020
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Please explain what you mean by that.

#53     Oct 1, 2020
  4. NoahA

NoahA

Funny you bring him up. When I started here under this name, he was the first one who I noticed had blocked me almost before I said anything. I could tell I was blocked because sometimes you get a notification for a new post, and at odd times, it shows the header with the member name, but no post. You can also see some posts that this member likes, but you can't see their own posts. So I guess the ignore function is a much "softer" than block, since you can still see something.

At any rate, I always wondered who this guy was since he clearly knew his away around here to have already blocked me even though I had barely said anything.

I think Baron should make lists public of who blocks whom. It seems fairly democratic to me. If you see a member has dozens or hundreds blocked, then its perhaps a sign of a member with a few screws loose, and more than likely multiple aliases.

#54     Oct 1, 2020
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

well, it appears smallfil has me on "block" yet goes and responds to my posts in a desparaging manner so he must be abusing the block function in the same manner desterio is accused of . I reported it and nothing appears to have been done about it.

Looks like user NoahA has the same issue w/the same user.

#55     Oct 1, 2020
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Thanks, I will look into it. I think the only reason there hasn't been any real action on it is because there haven't been any other complaints about that user from other members.

#56     Oct 1, 2020
  7. chillibean

chillibean

is there not a way to just stop someone from posting in your threads? The 'ignore' function should do that really, but doesn't seem too. Likewise the block fuction. Other forums seem to accomplish this better

#57     Nov 14, 2020
    Gaslight Capital likes this.
  8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

@Overnight was on my block list and now we get along just fine, delirious is outta control and i'm sure he has multiple accounts. i hate to use the block thing but it makes et a better place.

#58     Dec 25, 2020
  9. userque

userque

Probably because they don't know ... since he blocks them.

@Here4money and some others know how to read his posts despite his 'blocks;' the average Joe doesn't.

#59     Dec 25, 2020
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Oh yah, smallfil was the first person to put me on ignore on this forum I believe. Only reason I see this thread pop-up is because @MarkBrown reformed and realized I was not that bad of a dude, and he recently posted to it and @ me. Hehe.

And that deserves groove, man.

Someone get smallfil to clear his ignore list, and start over!!!!

#60     Dec 28, 2020
    spy, Nobert and MarkBrown like this.