WTF happened to the block function?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by destriero, Sep 14, 2020.

1. destriero

destriero

#41     Sep 18, 2020
  2. virtusa

virtusa

2020-09-18 19_37_26-WTF happened to the block function_ _ Page 5 _ Elite Trader.jpg

• How many aliases did Destriero have already? Much more than me.
    • How many people got already insulted by Destriero? Much more than by me.
    • How many people got already agressively attacked via the block/unblock abuses from Destriero? Much more than by me.
    • If we would throw out all people who ever had more than 1 alias, ET would lose at least 50% of it's posters.

Destriero is the perfect example of double standard on ET.

I was banned by Baron (without any warning) through Destriero's blackmail on Baron. The classical "I will leave ET" if Baron does not do what I want.

#42     Sep 18, 2020
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I don't think anybody can blackmail Baron, not trick Baron, not manipulate Baron...he's a smart cookie that has the most experience of dealing with typical b.s. at a forum then any other forum owner that I've communicated with.

Yet, I may be wrong if you have something like nude shots of his wife and threaten to sell them to Playboy...maybe you can then blackmail him.

wrbtrader

#43     Sep 18, 2020
    JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.
  4. destriero

destriero

I have zero aliases. I had one nick killed before starting another. @schweiz was banned/IP-banned and is posting as @virtusa through a proxy.

#44     Sep 18, 2020
    DeltaOneFutures likes this.
  5. @virtusa you may have missed my other post:

My point remains that there is far too much drivel here and not enough moderation to allow market professionals and serious aspirants to hold intelligent discussions.* Ignore/block is an important part of keeping the site somewhat usable.

Social media seems to bring out the worst in people, and people find a way to 'game' any system.

* - the volatility trading threads and @globalarbtrader 's automated futures thread being two notable exceptions

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    #45     Sep 18, 2020
    wrbtrader likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Well, hell, nobody has asked you the most important question yet in this whole shitshow...

Can you core a apple?

#46     Sep 18, 2020
  7. That rarely happens and when it does it takes closer to 30 months than 30 days. You're lost if you think someone goes from disruptive / ignorant to valuable in only 30 days.

Were your own struggles over so quickly? Common sense is not so common. I've been putting effort for over 3,650 days and I'm still an annoying worm. Repent in dust and ashes doesn't do justice.

#47     Sep 18, 2020
  8. volente_00

volente_00

Karma is a MF

#48     Sep 24, 2020
  9. If I am not mistaken, Facebook had this problem early on so they made it so that if you ave someone on block and then take them off, they can't reblock that person for 30 days, but that person can block you. Well, something like that anyway. That would work as a disincentive to the activity you are taking exception to here, I believe.

#49     Sep 24, 2020
    FortuneTeller likes this.
  10. vinc

vinc

Fuck you!

#50     Sep 25, 2020