WTF happened to the block function?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by destriero, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

you joined in March

#31     Sep 17, 2020
  2. virtusa

virtusa

I posted almost 700 postings,he posted only 7.

I post on many different topics; he is only posting on the Destriero topic. There is a link between them.

I'm on ET since 2004 (12 years before you came here). Got banned after discussion with Des and had to come back with another alias. Des forced Baron to ban me.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    #32     Sep 17, 2020
    DeltaOneFutures likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

The idea is that after 30 days, the person can then look at the offending user and see if the behavior has changed. If not, the next block would also apply for 30 days. It would reduce workload for site admins.

#33     Sep 17, 2020
    Nobert and ChipShotTrader like this.
  4. virtusa

virtusa

I am sure that members who block Destriero want to block him permanent. He is the biggest abuser on ET.
    Give the possibility to choose: 30 days block or permanent block.

#34     Sep 17, 2020
  5. Overnight

Overnight

30 days. And you are not understanding the gist of the idea.

#35     Sep 17, 2020
  6. virtusa

virtusa

The gist of the idea is that I want to be able to block a person FOREVER if I wish; or TEMPORARY if I wish. I want the choice. If you wish 30 days, you can use that, if I wish permanent I can use that. The choice will not harm your wishes and more people will be happy as both possibilities can be used.

I don't want to repeat the blocking every 30 days. Especially not if I have dozens of people blocked. There are too many posters that, to me, have no value at all and they just create garbage postings for me.

If you still have a lot to learn I understand that you just need a 30 days block. That explains also your + 15,000 postings in just 4 years. 15,000 postings that I don't need to see.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    #36     Sep 18, 2020
  7. Overnight

Overnight

The block would not be automatically lifted after 30 days. After 30 days, you then have the option to unblock them if you choose.

#37     Sep 18, 2020
  8. virtusa

virtusa

That's not what you wrote in your posting above. you wrote:"If not, the next block would also apply for 30 days."

So you have to block him again. The next block means that the previous one was finished.

wrong.jpg

#38     Sep 18, 2020
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Yes. You can unblock them if you choose, review their last few weeks of postings. If you decide their behavior has changed to the point where you do not mind viewing them again, fine. If not, you apply a new block, which would then be in effect for another 30 days.

#39     Sep 18, 2020
  10. virtusa

virtusa

That's what I don't want.
    I want to block till I ever decide to unblock. No limitation periods. So these 30 day periods are nonsense. If you wish to unblock after 30 days, you can. So no need to limit a block till 30 days.

#40     Sep 18, 2020