WTF Fox News Snubs Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chewbacca, Jan 7, 2008.

1. You posts talk the inflated & paranoid language of going nowhere.Do you know shit from shit?

#31     Jan 8, 2008
  2. I laughed.

I know that the dominant view in America is if a man did that in the right setting, he would get kudos for his "compassion" but if a woman does it then she is just being true to her "weak" character.

Who got the right to vote first, all black America men or all white American women?

We are more sexist in this country than racist.

I ask people all the time to tell me what woman they think would make a good president, and it is amazing how they just have a dumb look on their face.

If Hillary were a man (no, not like Man Coulter) it would be a whole different ball game.

Men are not entirely to blame for the perpetuation of sexism though, women are equally to blame.

If women said, "No more sex until you treat women as men" things would have changed long ago.

#32     Jan 8, 2008
  3. Probably a well calculated maneuver- I wouldn't be surprised if she rubbed onion powder in her eyes to produce the desired effect, in order to 'appear more human'.

#33     Jan 8, 2008
  4. So how'd Paul do in NH tonight. I haven't seen the results. Surely at least 2nd right... I mean with all fundraising records he broke.

#34     Jan 8, 2008
  5. I lost a lot of respect for Fox News when I saw they excluded Ron Paul from that debate. He had a credible finish in Iowa, has raised a ton of money and is a long-serving congressman, in other words, not a crank candidate. To exclude him was just wrong.

Now they are falling all over themselves to suck up to McCain, who is the most pro-war candidate. He is despised by a lot of the conservative base. No way they will vote for him, not after years of betrayals on issues such as taxes, protecting political speech and immigration. McCain is a career politician with little to show for his time other than hundreds of appearances on the interview shows. He makes a big deal about opposing wasteful spending, but it has accelerated. Wouldn't an effective leader have reversed it? He never was part of the Senate leadership, indicating his colleagues had little respect for him. He narrowly escaped getting censured for an ethics violation in the Keating scandal, yet he pontificates now about his integrity. He is no match intellectually for Hillary or Obama, plus he has a nasty and belligerent character that is sure to come out at some point. He is also 72 years old, and at times during the debates has looked every bit of it. I hate to sound mean-spirited, but he is about the worst candidate possible for the Republicans other than Guiliani.

#35     Jan 8, 2008
  6. there is no way of knowing what the real count is. we may never no the actual numbers. but i am sure people like you think it is funny that we live in an oligarchical collectivist society.

#36     Jan 8, 2008
  7. you're blinded by something zzz (not sure what). you may dislike paul for all sorts of reasons, but this particular argument seems like an obvious bleed-over from your other gripes. it indicates a broad agenda

anyone who reads ET P&R regularly can tell you're way against paul, just like i'm way for him

the basic idea turok explained is very rational and i know the logic isn't lost on you. whatever's bugging you so badly about paul, i think you can articulate it better. be honest. lose the spin

#37     Jan 9, 2008
  8. Retired

Retired

Anyone with a positive IQ could tell Fox News is the propaganda arm of the AIPAC and Neo-Cons that endlessly hyped about the WMDs of Iraq, and the threats of Saddam in the run-up to the Iraq War.

Given that you are a supporter of the anti-war Ron Paul, you must be an idiot if you had any respect for the warmonger Fox News.

#38     Jan 9, 2008
  9. How does GWB figure in this discussion? Kindly remain on topic.
    :p

#39     Jan 9, 2008
  10. I'll ignore the insults and just say that I have a lot of respect for Ron Paul and I also value Fox News for not being part of the mainstream media network cabal. That said, I am afraid there is some substance to your point that they seem to give the neo-con point of view far more airtime and respect than it merits.

#40     Jan 9, 2008