WTF Fox News Snubs Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chewbacca, Jan 7, 2008.

1. stranger things have certainly happened in our national and political history

it's amazing how much influence media endorsement and portrayal have over most people. folks should vote for a platform, not some adolescent perception of popularity.

#21     Jan 8, 2008
  2. man

man

can you back that up?

#22     Jan 8, 2008
  3. Turok

Turok

I can certainly understand how people who have blindly listened to the canned, 30 second sound bites of the last 30 political years could consider RPs speeches "rambles".

The short attention span of the general public and their desire to hear that someone will save them from themselves is the reason RP won't be elected.

He's still got my money and my vote.

JB

#23     Jan 8, 2008
  4. fhl

fhl

I was especially drawn to your statement that people "desire to hear that someone will save them from themselves."

Given that Ron Paul added numerous "earmarks" for his constituents to spending bills and then speaks and votes against those bills, knowing full well they will pass, and his constituents will receive their windfalls, what does that tell you about Ron Paul's ability to change this current system that you apparently don't like?

#24     Jan 8, 2008

5. it tells you that he allows his people to try to get back their own money. govt shouldnt be taking it in the first place... WAKE UP YOU IDIOT.

#25     Jan 8, 2008
  6. LOL!!!

#26     Jan 8, 2008
  7. I know! But he still ended up being a president! TWICE!

:D :D

#27     Jan 8, 2008
  8. Turok

Turok

I truly don't understand your point. Until the system is changed, the people who payed into the system deserve to get their money back. The way to get your constituent's money back is to belly up to the trough and do what everyone else does. One can do what's fair for one's constituents currently and still decry the absolute overall insanity of the current system. He has an absolute obligation to get that money back to his state.

I believe our tax system is a joke, but I still keep all my receipts and go for every write-off that I legally can. I can do this and still hope/lobby/support fundamental change in the tax system without a hint of hypocrisy.

JB

#28     Jan 8, 2008
  9. "I believe our tax system is a joke, but I still keep all my receipts and go for every write-off that I legally can. I can do this and still hope/lobby/support fundamental change in the tax system without a hint of hypocrisy."

Strawman.

Yall ain't in a position to directly take a stand in the public arena and influence public policy the way Paul is. Comparing your own personal situation with income tax to Paul's legislative position is, well par for the course for a Truedick...

Same BS fundamentally as Paul saying it is wrong not to have term limits...but since there aren't any, he will run as many times as he like.

Paul repeatedly supports the politics of personal expediency and the end justifying the means, not principles that he will personally sacrifice for.

Typical.

#29     Jan 8, 2008
  10. did you tear up yesterday when your man, hillary teared up? that was touching. [/sarcasm]

#30     Jan 8, 2008