WTF - Fortis, RBC, Barclays, GS - all calling for a FINANCIAL MELTDOWN!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chewbacca, Jun 28, 2008.

1. I do not know this tax which you speak of. Why? I do not CONSUME. I have a garden, my wife makes bread and pasta. I ride my bicycle. I go to the library. I know my neighbors. I have solar panels. I plan ahead. I'm not fat or lazy. In short, I am not dependent upon the actions and misdeeds of others. I am better than you.

Welcome to the new America!

#51     Jun 29, 2008
  2. Excellent Commentary All

.............................................................................

One way to look at the issues is to describe what would be considered a healthy, strong economy for the US.....versus what would be a healthy, strong economy for China.....or any other country....

Relatively all countries go through both strong and weak economic periods.....a child is born....and then inevitably ages....

.................................................................................
    For example...take the simplest country.....It has a few indigenous food products.....Thus the best it could ever be is when the weather is fitting.....and the people do their work with harvesting and planting....
    ..................................................................................
    Now consider so called developed countries....

Labor
    Innovation
    Taxes
    Energy
    Food
    Education
    Legal largesse
    Finance
    Health
    Housing
    Mobility
    Government
    Internet

Now consider efficiency....

If developed countries are allowed to compete (globalization),
    then those that are the most productive at the best prices automatically win the game......

Thus after reviewing what is present in each country in each category, one can handily know the rankings....and what would have to change to change rankings for one country versus the other....

It really is quite a simple matter to compare and contrast, and thus take the necessary actions to accomplish objectives....

This is not being done....

Thus how can a country better position itself when the objectives have not even been decided upon....or better yet do not have a way of forming and attaining these objectives....?????

Without objectives....one goes nowhere.....

................................................................................................

What is hard to believe is that the only means that the US has of legally moving through this process is to ....

McCain.....ex military person with no econ background....type of person who leaves an injured fat wife.....for a younger prettier version which also pays him $500,000 per month and let's him use her jet...while he really makes $12,000 per month....?This is about as bad as a Bush trust account....my daddy was pres so I get to be pres too bullshit... and his oil buddies.....McBush.....?????

OBama.....another lawyer con lawyer with gift of gab...??? ....with no econ background ?

The US needs a better way.....

#52     Jun 29, 2008
  3. try looking at the dalies.
    oversold.

tidal wave.

#53     Jun 29, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

Historically, economic vitality and economic power has nested with countries which "made things and sold them to the world".

The USA took the lead away from England and Europe with our Industrial Revolution.

Chindia is taking the lead away from the USA.... Well, "taking the lead", might not be as accurate as "being given the lead by American and Western European companies outsourcing well-paying manufacturing and service jobs to take advantage of cheap labor".

As a result, Chindia is flourishing while the USA ages and shrivels .. and tries our luck at "financial engineering" as a primary business model.... all the while our politicians are squandering our resources, robbing us blind and lying to us at every turn.

America. What a country!

:mad:

#54     Jun 29, 2008
  5. They are utterly dependent on other countries however,

Its a house of cards.

#55     Jun 29, 2008
  6. Your post blamed inflation on Bush.

Wanna get into a pissing match, call me, PM me.

I can bring up any of 100 of your "calls".

Lets get back to the econ here. Excellent discussion.

#56     Jun 29, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

I believe Bush is heavily responsible for the inflation. Heavy deficits for his personal Iraq war are inflationary.

The Fed's "money pump on steroids" is also highly inflationary. They know this, too... continue anyway and lie about it's impact.

Bush and the Fed are in cahoots on this. Both deserve the majority of the blame, IMV.

#57     Jun 29, 2008
  8. Analysts are people who are quite good with numbers but lack the personality to become accountants

regards
    f9

#58     Jun 29, 2008
  9. Analysts are idiots who set arbitrary price targets on stocks - with suspicious upgrades and downgrades.

It's a practice that is rife with manipulation and should be banned.

It has as much credibility as the ratings of Moody's and S&P approximately a year ago. Great job on MBI and ABK

Had you relied on those ratings, you'd have had your ass handed to you.

#59     Jun 29, 2008
  10. Mr Pain

Mr Pain

This is in fact the old America which I welcome back

#60     Jun 29, 2008