WTF - Fortis, RBC, Barclays, GS - all calling for a FINANCIAL MELTDOWN!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chewbacca, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Hey, if it's really the rapture, can I have your car?

#11     Jun 28, 2008
  2. GS just downgraded GM recently (trading around 12$). Thats how smart GS is.

#12     Jun 28, 2008
  3. Ahhh, Rapture.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xHPikUPlRD8&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xHPikUPlRD8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#13     Jun 28, 2008
  4. Blondie ....she was cool.

#14     Jun 28, 2008
  5. gwac

gwac

My point exactly, where were they at 90 or even at 30. Brokers and banks are johnny come lately to the party.

They have no clue, do the opposite and become rich.

#15     Jun 28, 2008
  6. gwac

gwac

When these clowns say there is going to be a financial meltdown, start buying the good stuff in the sector.

#16     Jun 28, 2008
  7. phoenix3

phoenix3

Barron's had a cover story on GM several weeks with a strong buy rec at 18. Who to believe, who to believe. ROTFLMAO.

#17     Jun 28, 2008
  8. what fuking incentive do large established and well connected financial firms like the one's i've mentioned have in spreading such "sky is falling" type panic.........that's the type of shit that bank runs are made up - just look at BSC - BANKRUPT IN HOURS DUE TO RUMORS THAT LED TO A BANK RUN ......... since its all about perception...........if anything, they all should be saying everything is just roses right now

something just doesn't seem right....it doesn't add up

#18     Jun 28, 2008
  9. gwac

gwac

The problem with the big 3 is oil. They make money from their gas guzzlers so when they do not sell, they are in trouble.

I personally do not see oil coming off yet so i think gm/chry and ford are in serious trouble.

If you think oil is coming off to below 90, gm is a great buy here.

#19     Jun 28, 2008
  10. gwac

gwac

I wonder which way their trading books are positioned? Nothing more than a question!

#20     Jun 28, 2008