WTF!!!! $$$ Drops its pants!!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by FredBloggs, Nov 18, 2005.

1. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

- lol no i didnt - but i never made nearly as much as i should. like i said earlier, i jumped in, but bailed much too early as i thought it was just some stop running as thats what the early part of the move looked like to me. i was totally unaware of the reason as stated earlier - (not that i like to discuss results in public forums).

like someone said earlier - a day when many a load of people should have made more but didnt.

im not too worried though. i made money yesterday which is more than the other 90% of traders did so i count my blessings.

i beliee its the sign of an amateur trying to get in on every part of every big move.

i dont think cable was making any big error by staying in bed either. a trader needs a break from time to time. just like anyone else. so what if there was a big move? it wont be the last will it? if a trader relies on big moves like that, then hes gunna be disappointed in this business. a proficient trader makes money in the more mundane markets, not necessarily need the occasional mega move - nice though they are

anyone know when the ecb meets to decide if there will be a hike or not. must be sometime in dec as my nov calendar mentions nothing.

#21     Nov 19, 2005
  2. Always first Thursday of every month. Rate announced at 12.45 UK time, press conference 1.30 UK time.

#22     Nov 19, 2005
  3. cable

cable

Yeah, Christmas still might come early for us! I don't expect it every day, but it sure is nice when it happens.

#23     Nov 19, 2005
  4. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

And now this:

*DJ Dollar Recovers As Trichet Tempers Rate Expectations

Some people just don't know when to shut up. Or did the European Governments make him an offer which he could not decline?

:confused:

Bernd Kuerbs

#24     Nov 21, 2005
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

im looking forward to that rate meeting. should be a goodie :)

#25     Nov 21, 2005
  6. the release of the BoE minutes also provide good trading opportunities... better than anything ECB... or maybe its just that i'm such a cable addict...

#26     Nov 21, 2005
  7. i was a bit off but the results were the same. at least he is creating volatilty in the bonds.:)

#27     Nov 21, 2005
  8. I always see these WTF! threads when the market takes a massive movement. I have, myself, only posted one WTF thread and that was due to an error in Oanda's system which turned out to be a WTF worthy of asking.

People, if you consider yourselves serious traders and expect to make a red cent off your account, consider getting a news subscription service. They're relatively expensive, but they are worth it. While all the others are going WTF - you've made your trades based on the info and news you've gotten relatively immediately.

Just a piece of advice. Take it or leave it.

-Uncle Ivan

#28     Nov 22, 2005
  9. Nice point, Ivanovich

I think traders who want to focus on news should make sure they have the best news provider (or at least the best among the affordable news providers), while those who want to trade based on charts only should make sure they got the best affordable price feed. It surely costlier to deal with both the news and the charts.

As for Trichet, subsequent comments were blamed to be the reason behind euro's fall. I think the reason why euro fell after Friday's rally (although it climbed back again) was the fact that market exaggerated Trichet's hint over a tightening. I wrote in my analysis last weekend, that the ECB might have signalled a rate hike, but it doesn't have the same privilege as the FOMC. ECB cannot do a measured pace tightening, but rather a hike and pause strategy. Those who got so excited last Friday were surely ignorant to the underlying economic conditions in Euroland.

To FredBloggs, to be ready for similar news, find calendar of economic events which includes schedules of speeches. Don't rely on ECB meeting, though, as Trichet's speech had made the market discounted rate hike partially.

Here's a sample schedule: http://www.ecb.int/press/weekly/html/index.en.html
    You wouldn't have missed Trichet's speech last week if you had known the schedule in advance.

Cheers!

#29     Nov 22, 2005
  10. OfmY

OfmY

Well, guys I also think it's good to have a nice news provider, but please consider the news as the pretext only especially when news are expected even for a half.

#30     Nov 23, 2005