WTF!!!! $$$ Drops its pants!!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by FredBloggs, Nov 18, 2005.

1. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

I use the Dow Jones Basic Commodities package offered by eSignal.

Nothing to get excited about: I have seen them forgot to publish the result of a FOMC meeting.

I just use them to look up the economic calendar and then the published reports.

When I saw the Bund drop I knew it had to be news-related, just wanted to know what kind of news.

Have a nice weekend.

Bernd Kuerbs

#11     Nov 18, 2005
  2. OfmY

OfmY

Thanks Bernd,

I also wanted to know what that unexpected spike was related to but got the info 5-10 minutes later.

Have a nice weekends too:)

#12     Nov 18, 2005
  3. cable

cable

Nah, just that one guy. But he sure talks a lot.

#13     Nov 18, 2005
  4. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

lol - no, all the others are called piere (pee-air), or PETER for those who talk ENGLISH!

#14     Nov 18, 2005
  5. today is a brilliant day for FX daytraders.

enjoy !

surfer

#15     Nov 18, 2005
  6. Awesome day!

Up 100 pips on eur/usd :)

#16     Nov 18, 2005
  7. cable

cable

Let my shame teach you a lesson.

I slept in today.

I looked at the clock and couldn't get the discipline to get up. Normally I would have caught the entire 8:45-11:00 am move both ways. I lost a few hundred easy pips on the Euro (up and then down and then back up again) because when I finally did get up, I had piles of real work to do and didn't get a chance to check in on the markets until it was too late. And what's terrible is that this was as much of a sure thing as you'll ever get in forex due to the ECB's announcement, and was a good candidate for going really heavy.

Lesson: You NEED to have screen time if you're going to be successful in this game. I took a day off and missed a massive opportunity that would cover the many small losses that are sure to come in the days ahead. It's days like this that traders live for.

#17     Nov 18, 2005
  8. I would not do your head in over it. The second I saw the headline I bought 5m at 1.1677. It didn't seem to move so squared up in the 80s. It started to motor so bought another 5 at 1.1700 but started coming off so took a loss at 1.1698! Went 5 long again at 1.1705 and although made a bit more caught nothing like the whole move.

20 minutes later I wondered why I had not had a great day.

All the boys who trade futures said similar. They could have sold as many contracts as they wanted as the price didn't react straight away and they fell 14 ticks - a massive move.

Think part of the problem was we were actually listening to the speech and never heard him say what was reported- also there have been so many comments over the past 2 weeks about rates going up I didn't really think it was anything new.

One of those classically frustrating days where you thin you should have cleaned up but didn't. I believe it is called backward jobbing!

#18     Nov 19, 2005
  9. cable

cable

I hate when that happens! Thanks for the good post. I have to go lookup the actual speech now to see what really happened....

#19     Nov 19, 2005
  10. Sounds like somebody lost their ass. :D

No surprise really. Expect it to drop even further. Euro attempted several times to break support and failed, and now the last swing high was taken out at about 1.1760. I think we'll see at least 1.19 next week.

#20     Nov 19, 2005