WTF do I keep getting spam in my PM box!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by indahook, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Author Message
    EchotradeLA
    ECHOtrade

Echo LA
    Hi,

Are you interested in trading equities? options?
    I can give you a really low rate if you are interested in hearing?
    We are in Santa Monica, CA

Sincerely,

Echotrade LA
    310 455-6051

Baron, be aware that many of us are receiving unsolicited PM`s from different sources....this was not my first.

P.S. Piss off Echotrade.....

2. H2O

H2O

Get an email filter :D :D

3. chisel

chisel

I received e-mail spam from Transact futures. I make it a rule not to do business with spammers. Why reward bad behavior?

4. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

You should not have recieved any email spam from us. As far as I know and I usually send the emails we have not done any spaming to Elite members. If it was a spam we are sorry for that. Usually we talk to the person before we send them any email.

5. chisel

chisel

Ok. Apology accepted.

6. T-REX

T-REX

That is quite sneeky indeed.:mad:

I hate spam and I must say some dude sent me spam to on ET awhile back about trading his system. WHATEVER!:mad:

T-REX

7. ditto...I get them once a month and they all read the same.

Whats got me pissed is that this thread was moved to "feed back" where we know it will be overlooked by most. This may have some feed back in it but is more of a warning that the scum in slowly oozing into our private boxes......:confused:

8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

ET is supported by sponsors. That's how this site exists. We allow our site sponsors to use our site for promotional purposes, since that's what they are paying for. With that said, if you get a PM from one of our site sponsors, I don't know what to say other than that goes with the territory of being a member here. If you feel like a certain sponsor has gone over the line by sending you an excessive amount of PMs, let me know and I'll look into it. But as far as I know, there hasn't been any sponsor really going over the line in that regard. You can tell whether or not a person is a site sponsor by looking at their username in their post or PM. If they have their company name listed directly under their username, they are a sponsor. If their user title is like everybody else's (eg. "Member", "Elite Member", etc. ) then that person does not represent one of our site sponsors.

Now, if you get an offer or solicitation from somebody who is not a sponsor of our site, please forward that PM to me so I can take action, because that is definitely against the rules here. I hope that clears things up.

9. nitro

nitro

Believe it or not, I actually think this is ok.

The one thing that would not be ok is if I got a PM from one of these chatroom operators or other "educators," but that does not happen.

I received all those PMs as well from brokers, and in every single instance, it has had the potential to save me money.

As far as I am concerned, Keep'em coming...But I truly appreciate those that don't.

nitro