WTF-Crude Fell from 62.20 to 57.38 in one hour

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by himself, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Would you mind explaining?
    Thanks.

I like this explanation from Bloomberg:

" Oil jumped more than $1 in the days after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on New York and Washington before falling for the rest of the year as travel and the economy slowed. Prices have more than tripled since late 2001. Crude oil rose on the day of the Madrid attacks on March 11, 2004."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000087&sid=adDnHuHKRhAw&refer=top_world_news

Maybe, the harm to the economy has been anticipated this time around...

#11     Jul 7, 2005
  2. #12     Jul 8, 2005
  3. LaSalle

LaSalle

Short Oil...

61.15 bid, 61.225.

I am already short QM from last night at 61.50; or I would use this mark-up as a entry point short.

The energy complex is being manipulated for the purposes of marginally increasing the amount of money that flows into the Middle East-- as a means to off-set, or reduce, some of America's expenses related to our Adventures In Imperialism in that region of the world.

Bush was given two choices-- rollback his tax cuts to finance the McDonaldization of the people's of the Middle East (political suicide during a period where Republicans are trying to build a dynasty) or jam energy prices higher, as a "back door" tax , to finance our little excursion (politically benefical as the Proles will never connect the dots and the elite, Bush's constituency-- particularly the oil boyz, continue to get fat).

Put a stop in at 63 and take your profits in the low 50's.

#13     Jul 8, 2005
  4. #14     Jul 8, 2005
  5. I tend to agree. The crude market really showed its weakness in the clutch, imho.

the buying of bonds in a perceived crisis ought to really shut the mouths of the America-is-dead crowd, if they weren't too busy yapping to hear it.

#15     Jul 8, 2005