WTF? Crude 300$?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by HappyJoe, May 3, 2011.

1. HappyJoe

HappyJoe

Thats it, I am now a true believer in the paranormal activity on the markets!

#11     May 3, 2011
  2. It could be an omen. There's an old saying in the market that "bad ticks have to be made good". :eek: :D

#12     May 3, 2011
  3. Bob111

Bob111

let me repeat this one more time: change your data provider
    or have two of them for cross reference. i'm little retail guy...i have 3. that's why there is no paranormal activity in my trading

#13     May 3, 2011
  4. i am still patiently waiting for for Oct 2010 bad tick to come true on SPY.

[​IMG]

#14     May 3, 2011
  5. HappyJoe

HappyJoe

Bob.............never say never!

#15     May 3, 2011
  6. Bob111

Bob111

whatever..it's your call..today you just saw a spike,tomorrow your system will kick you out of the trade, with market stop and you will be filled far outside of the market..all triggered by bad data...it been always like this..if you let it go once-trust me,you will be fucked very hard next time..maybe not exactly tomorrow..it's a only matter of time..if i was you-first thing i would do-try to short it as much as i can @ $300,next-i would take a screenshoot of this spike immediately and ask data provider what the fuck is going on..

speaking about letting it go...here is live example from today..i usually have very tight stops..on one long position(really small, got partially filled,less than $1K) i decided to skip the stop,when it was hit..guess what? stock drops another 10% from my stop and instead of losing just a few bucks i lost over $100.just like that..

#16     May 3, 2011
  7. Patience. :cool:

#17     May 3, 2011
  8. HappyJoe

HappyJoe

yup, was triggered in a second on bullshit data. then 2 minuets later blip! the market adjusted just like that. bullshit. changing service provider. assholes i hope they eternally burn in hell.

#18     May 4, 2011
  9. HappyJoe

HappyJoe

little retail guy.......... whatever, I am still a true believer in the paranormal activity on the markets!

#19     May 4, 2011
  10. Yeah, just sounds like bad data. Give Open Ecry's platform a test and see if it works for you. Data is included to live accounts and has been very solid (knock on wood). Data + Platform given to live accounts at no charge, worth a look.

http://www.openecry.com

#20     May 4, 2011