wstreet

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Free Thinker, Nov 1, 2002.

1. www.wstreet.com

has anyone followed this guys recomendations?i have been following for a while and he seems pretty good.he is on fox every once in a while and seems like he has market savy.not just a buy buy type of guy.

2. wow321

wow321

I had his Hotline service for the past year (it just ended). The hotline is a lot of commentary and then a buy/short (though mostly long ideas) recommendation with a limit purchase and then a stop. He then updates the positions via e-mail, though when he does change a stop usually it is too late by the time you get the e-mail and then you are stopped out already. I found results to be mixed and the service is pricey (over $2,000 per year). You get a personal advisor though, though he is more or less a salesman and he won't stop calling you to upgrade your service. Right now, this guy has been calling me for the last 2 weeks since my subscription ran out and he spews out the same rehearsed lines everytime. He even tries to make you feel special by saying that charles will review your portfolio and this is what charles says, and I will ask him right now, and screams across the room and he will also give you "insider picks" from time to time...... very boiler room type antics if you ask me. One time I even asked if he plays any of the picks and told me that it would unethical and/or a conflict of interest (which is partly true), but to be honest with you if they were really that good, why not Anyway, the guy doesn't get a hint now when I don't answer the phone when I see his # on caller id. Bottom line, my results were mixed. In my opinion your probably better off with a service like trendfund. Though if you follow them religiously, you probably will make SOME money.

3. "One time I even asked if he plays any of the picks and told me that it would unethical and/or a conflict of interest (which is partly true), but to be honest with you if they were really that good, why not Anyway, the guy doesn't get a hint now when I don't answer the phone when I see his # on caller id. Bottom line, my results were mixed. In my opinion your probably better off with a service like trendfund. Though if you follow them religiously, you probably will make SOME money."

thanks for info.i agree if he is any good and he plays bigcap stocks why wouldnt he trade his own plays.you cant pump and dump the liquid stocks.