WSJ: You won't believe what's in that stimulus bill.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by JBfinancial, Jan 28, 2009.

1. I supported McCain when he ran for office against Bush. But after the Bush debacle, how could I vote republican? How could ANYONE vote republican? The McCain/Gramm marriage was just icing on the cake, even though McCain kicked him out midway through the election.

Gramm during economic crisis: "We have sort of become a nation of whiners, you just hear this constant whining, complaining about a loss of competitiveness, America in decline."

I fear if Gramm shoves his head any further up his own ass, he'll never get it out.

#51     Jan 28, 2009
  2. Does anyone know if increasing the debt ceiling is part of Obama's package?

Remember they had to increase it twice (by more than 100%) last summer.

#52     Jan 28, 2009
  3. jem

jem

Since Bush took office the republican party proved itself to be filled greedy piece of shit baby boomers and older.

Now the Demcrats are going to prove the same.

When is the world going to realize the baby boomers have been led around by tim leary, crosby stills and nash, duran duran, bill clinton and anyone else who promised them a good time. They are the "irresponsible generation".

They are going to destroy everything in their wake. Wait until they try and retire.

disclosure, I was born in the last few years of the baby boom and have watched them make a mess of things in every decade.

#53     Jan 28, 2009
  4. Republican vs. Democrat
    Liberal vs. Conservative.

IT IS ALL JUST NOISE.

Fucked up is fucked up.

Pay attention to what is happening. The machine needs you to focus on the petty squibbling instead of the actual facts.

Media is bought and paid for.

Over age 20, everything is an agenda. If you don't believe that, enjoy your ignorantly blissful utopia!

#54     Jan 28, 2009
  5. Interesting point. All those damn smelly hippies from the 60's are still screwing the country.

We'll see how things go with the new administration. I'm optimistic, but it seems we've dug one helluva hole for ourselves.

#55     Jan 28, 2009
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Hold up bro.....Leave my Crosby, Stills, and Nash outta this conversation.:p :D :p

#56     Jan 28, 2009
  7. Here's how: the other side is even worse. Plus, because they're all corrupt bastards, splitting the two branches of government between Dems and Repubs leads to more political speeches and grandstanding which in turn impedes passing of legislation. Since I believe about 98% of legislation is utter garbage, impeding passage of new legislation and regulation is a good thing.

Excuse me, what do you expect of politicians? Shoving their heads in asses (any ass, really) is the only thing any of them are really any good at!

#57     Jan 28, 2009
  8. What drives this optimism? Have you perused the "stimulus" package? The only thing it will stimulate is donations to campaigns from special interest groups.

You have the same situation as you had with Bush - one party controls both branches of government. This means there is absolutely nothing standing the way of handing out money to whichever special interest groups elected them at the expense of the taxpayer.

The ONLY reason to vote for McCain was to split up such a happy little party.

I think we're screwed.

#58     Jan 28, 2009
  9. #59     Jan 28, 2009
  10. "More and more people own their homes in America today. Two thirds of all Americans own their homes, yet we have a problem here in America cause fewer than half of the Hispanics and half of the African Americans own their home. It's a home ownership gap. It's a gap that we've got to work together to close. And by the end of this decade, we'll increase the number of minority homeowners by at least five and a half million families. And of course one of the larger obstacles to minority home ownership is financing. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have committed to provide more money for lenders, have committed to help meet the shortage of capital available for minority homebuyers. Freddie Mac recently began 25 initiatives around the country to dismantle barriers and create greater opportunities for home ownership. One of the programs is designed to help deserving families who have bad credit histories to qualify for home ownership loans. You don't have to have a lousy home for first time home buyers. You put your mind to it, the first time home buyer, the low income home buyer can have just as nice a house as anybody else."
    --George W. Bush 2002
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW9viaJatpo

#60     Jan 28, 2009