WSJ: You won't believe what's in that stimulus bill.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by JBfinancial, Jan 28, 2009.

1. I want some of the stuff that you are smoking. PM me please.

#21     Jan 28, 2009
  2. 4XQs, amen to everything you have said. It puzzles me that a lot of people gripe about the evil "liberal media" No one complains about the "conservative business" types. Which I would assume is 70 to 80 percent of the crowd here. I wonder what percentage of CEO's are conservative, hmmm.

#22     Jan 28, 2009
  3. skylr33

skylr33

You must mean Bush inheriting the mess that Bill Clinton left, such as Clinton's affirmative action policy regarding sub prime lending. O'l slick Willy wanted every American to own a home regardless of their credit scores, or whether they had a job. It was his administration that pressured the banks to lower the standards so that the guy with a 500 fico score and a $8.00 an hour job could get that $400,000.00 house. Once Bush took office, he actually tried twice to pass legislation to stop this, but the douche bag democrats wouldn't get on board. The warning signs were there from the moment Clinton started this disaster course for the economy, but he didn't care about the consequences later down the road. I mean, how dare anyone bother him while he's busy fucking fat ass government clerks (Lewinski). Also, it was under the watch of o'l slick Willie that the 9/11 hijackers were coming in and out of the country at will, and unchallenged, planning the final stages of the terror attacks on America. And what was o'l Bubba doing about it? Nothing of course, as he was too worried about his marriage, the numerous civil suits filed against him, his impeachment, and possibly going to prison for lying under oath.
    Say what you want about Bush. He kept this country safe, and went after modern day Adolph Hiter's in Saddam Hussien. Even I'll admit that the war strategy in Iraq was fucked up by Rumsfeld, but it is now working. Bush also tried cleaning up the lax lending practices initiated by Clinton. The foreclosure/bank problems go right to "Clit"ons doorstep, and in the process, started America on it's path to a depression. Great job Bubba!!!

#23     Jan 28, 2009
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Oh man, there you go again. It's all Clinton's fault. Yeah, right.

Is your real name Dorothy?

#24     Jan 28, 2009
  5. ers811

ers811

This is all very well known and documented. I'm actually not trying to be an ass here, but was that sarcasm?

#25     Jan 28, 2009
  6. You should have known better. Dems have been doing this since FDR created the SS ponzi scheme.

#26     Jan 28, 2009
  7. BSAM

BSAM

What's well known and documented?

#27     Jan 28, 2009
  8. skylr33

skylr33

It was Clinton's policies on mortgage lending that put America on the destructive path to foreclosures, and banks going under.
    I'm disappointed in you. I thought you could provide a better reply than that. No serious denials or well thought out counter arguments? Gee, I wonder why??? Only because it's true. Even ignorant one's like yourself know that. :D

#28     Jan 28, 2009
  9. ers811

ers811

I apologize because now I'm just not following our train of thought at all. I'm referring to the post you JUST quoted and replied to minutes ago outlining just a few of the Clinton policies responsible for crippling the forces of free markets.

#29     Jan 28, 2009
  10. Senator Phil Gramm (Republican)

Former US senator from Texas, free market advocate with a PhD in economics who fought long and hard for financial deregulation. His work, encouraged by Clinton's administration, allowed the explosive growth of derivatives, including credit swaps.

In 2001, he told a Senate debate: "Some people look at sub-prime lending and see evil. I look at sub-prime lending and I see the American dream in action."

#30     Jan 28, 2009