WSJ: 'Wall Street' No Longer Exists

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by daveportman, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Amazing times we live in :(

2. Citicorp still exists :D

And ironic that although "Wall Street" doesn't exist anymore, the article goes on predictably defending "Wall Street" at every turn. Wait, I thought they disappeared!

And those debts CAN go to 0. This isn't your AT&T bond we're talking here, Merrill Lynch was already happy getting 22c on the dollar.

What a stupid article..

edit : I can't believe I forgot, maybe Wall Street Journal should disappear as well! Zing!

3. mokwit

mokwit

"Bank loans to commercial and industrial business, real estate and consumers continued to expand nearly every month."

Tells me no $700b bailout is really needed to maintain the economy - its purpose is to maintain Wall St.

4. mokwit

mokwit

It will have to rinvent itself as 'The Main Street Journal' or maybe 'The High Street Bank Journal'

5. Anything that emanates from the orifices of the cato Institute is suspect. Controlled by the same interests behind the current crisis.

Mr. Reynolds, a senior fellow with the Cato Institute, is the author, most recently, of "Income and Wealth" (Greenwood Press, 2006).