WSJ: Trump wants to buy Greenland

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bone, Aug 15, 2019.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Why not start by buying Mexico? Once he owns Mexico he can make them pay for his wall.

#81     Aug 17, 2019
  2. bone

bone

My GUESS is that Mexico would have to pay the US mightily for the privilege

#82     Aug 17, 2019
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday...rump-wants-to-take-a-look-at-buying-greenland

Kudlow: Trump 'wants to take a look' at buying Greenland

White House economic advisor Larry Kudlow confirmed on Sunday that the Trump administration is “looking at” purchasing Greenland following reports of its interest last week.

“Denmark owns Greenland. Denmark is an ally. Greenland is a strategic place. They’ve got a lot of valuable minerals,” Kudlow told guest host Dana Perino on "Fox News Sunday."

“The president, who knows a thing or two about buying real estate, wants to take a look,” he added.

Dana asks Larry Kudlow about purchasing Greenland "The President knows a thing or two about buying real estate" #FNS pic.twitter.com/HeaxR49JuU

— FoxNewsSunday (@FoxNewsSunday) August 18, 2019

#83     Aug 18, 2019
  4. luisHK

luisHK

?? Any decent source for that number?? minimum salary is over twice that in every place I checked afaik, we used to pay a maid in Shenzhen, who could neither speak English nor clean properly, which is the standard for Chinese maids, from 800 to 900usd a month, depending on exchange rate, for 40 hours a week
    Salaries have skyrocketed in China , although they are definitely much lower in rural China than in Shenzhen, plus for some reason, in Shenzhen at least, hopeless maids tend to get paid considerably higher than some other blue collar jobs

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    #84     Aug 18, 2019
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think Greenland is going to be a beautiful pasture in a few years when Florida is underwater, and our house in Pennsylvania is beachfront property. I might buy a second home there!!!

Making America Green Again!!!

#85     Aug 18, 2019
  6. Originating from the WNY area Greenland could make a wall of Molson Golden beer cases and stop the tide of combatants. The land purchase is just a media divergence. The US infrastructure needs addressing formost. A coast to coast high speed rail system is also a better priority the Nation State as well.

#86     Aug 18, 2019
    piezoe likes this.
  7. A high speed rail system would be a joke across country would be a joke.

#87     Aug 18, 2019
    toc likes this.
  8. bone

bone

The only passengers would be the Conductors and the Operators. Seriously. :confused:

#88     Aug 18, 2019
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Why would mexico pay to buy a ticket on a sinking ship?

#89     Aug 19, 2019
  10. Sig

Sig

That's interesting to hear. I wish when it comes to Andrew Yang, but unfortunately I think his chances of even having an impact on the party, let alone getting the nomination, are vanishingly small. Hope I'm wrong on that though!

#90     Aug 19, 2019