WSJ: Trump wants to buy Greenland

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bone, Aug 15, 2019.

1. bone

bone

He’s got too much ego for that and he knows he’d never live that down. He’s toying with the stock market and with Xi.

#11     Aug 15, 2019
  2. Overnight

Overnight

I dunno' bone, I believe he will magically pull out of his hat some deal thing that will prop the markets so he can grab that 2020 vote. But after that election if he wins? Everything tanks.

If he loses 2020? Everything tanks sooner. There is something very off about this man. You can feel it.

#12     Aug 15, 2019
  3. bone

bone

I could not argue with your assessment

#13     Aug 15, 2019
    Overnight likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

I mean, let's face it...Why should we spend hundreds of billions of dollars to buy Greenland? What, so we can insert some more nodes in the DEW system? More military bases?

I think of Greenland as a boat, which we all know stands for "bust out another thousand". It would be a money sink with no real strategic or economic benefit for the US.

#14     Aug 15, 2019
  5. bone

bone

I view it as a depository for wayward millennials.

The Europeans are quite keen to exploit its considerable mineral and hydrocarbon resources - but its unique “in between” location and quasi sovereignty makes it a confusing challenge.

#15     Aug 15, 2019
    Overnight likes this.
  6. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Canadians have zero interest in being part of the US. Too many Americans don't understand Canada and float absurd ideas. So much of what is occurring in the US is messed up right now; why would anyone want your headaches as a choice ?

#16     Aug 15, 2019
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Now now, be kind to the wunderkinds. Hehe.

That's the only other reason I can see us wanting to nab the land of ice and green...It has considerable fossil fuel supply potential. Twitman would want to drill, baby, drill.

#17     Aug 15, 2019
  8. Is this a green new deal? :D

#18     Aug 15, 2019
  9. dozu888

dozu888

dude where is the vision.... what is money for the USA - just IOU's, whatever we print it's financed by everyone else in the world.

when Alaska was purchased, certainly there were plenty of people making jokes that it was just a block of ice.

#19     Aug 15, 2019
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Lol, you cannot compare the purchase of Alaska from the Russians 150+ years ago to the idea of Greenland from the Danes today? Alaska is...Well, Alaska, and Greenland is just a giant glacier? OMG.

#20     Aug 15, 2019