WSJ: The Tax That Won't Die

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Tom B, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Mnphats

Mnphats

Well said he is a hypocrite on a few different levels.

He escapes paying income taxes for the most part and enjoys 15% cap gains on stock sales.

#31     Dec 11, 2009
  2. Forgive me, but that is an utterly clueless post. On the plus side, you're in good company here.

#32     Dec 11, 2009
  3. ......................................

You are 1000% correct....

A 10/5 C tax should replace the current tax structure....

No income or corporate taxes.....

Otherwise the US will continue its economic decline....

#33     Dec 11, 2009
  4. You can imagine just how much an idiot's armchair psychology means to me.

If you can't understand that Buffet wishes t dispose of his wealth as he sees fit but advocates for forcing you to dispose of your wealth (well, probably you don't have any, but the point remains) as he wishes as well, then I can't help you.

You seem to have an unnatural fascination with The Buffet. It's pointless for me to interfere with your worship.

carry on, dear.

#34     Dec 11, 2009
  5. I don't know where all that rage stems from, but you go, girl!

P.S. Any relation to Ayn Rand?

#35     Dec 11, 2009
  6. Mnphats

Mnphats

Feel free to rebut.

Your free to leave as well. :D

#36     Dec 11, 2009
  7. nonsense. if capital assets are passed through inheritence to a new owner they escape all taxes without an inheritence tax. capital assets recieve a stepped up basis when passed through an estate.
    example: a farmer buy a farm in the fifties for $50 per acre. when he dies it is worth $5000 an acre. when the property passes to his children they recieve the property with a cost basis of $5000. they can instantly turn around and sell the land and there is 0 cap gains or income tax due. without a death tax these assets escape taxation. great deal for the heirs but not fair to other taxpayers.

#37     Dec 11, 2009
  8. What a crock. It is not the role of government or society to reclaim what was earned by individuals over a lifetime. This is an absolute asinine argument. In fact the only purpose given for taxing AT ALL in the constitution is to pay for the cost of running the government, not to establish "equality".

I weep for the republic. This kind of tripe is a travesty on this nation. Our schools have failed us and there is probably no turning back when one reads this kind of garbage.

#38     Dec 11, 2009