WSJ: SEC Charges Mark Cuban With Insider Trading

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by drukes1234, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Peri

Peri

The man can't keep his mouth shut, he's paid how much in fines to NBA? His kind of arrogance and Narcissistic Entitlement will have lies flying from his trap. I love the post just below the SEC one on his blog....."I hate to lose"....hate to lose basketball, hate to lose money, hate to lose whatever...........He thinks he's smarter, richer and better. If he opens his mouth wide enough he will stick his big, fat, goofy foot in it.

#31     Nov 17, 2008
  2. If there is criminal cause, the SEC will turn it over to Justice.

Keep your fingers crossed.

And, he 'saved' 750g's by selling. It was a ten percnet move. Some, because he leaned on it, no doubt.

It is insider trading, and there is a precedent. Hilliary Shane. Difference is, this is long selling. Very easy to prove. Most of the time, they just naked short it, knowing they can get cheap stock from the company. This is different.

#32     Nov 17, 2008
  3. Martha Stewart didn't go to jail for insider trading.

#33     Nov 17, 2008
  4. I hope the c^&*sucker gets the stiffest hardest longest penalty.

#34     Nov 17, 2008
  5. Wasn't Cuban that prick that proposed some kinda 5 cent (or was it 50 cent) per transaction stamp duty for US stock exchanges in order to weed out 'illegal speculation' and 'improper trading techniques'?

Good riddance.

#35     Nov 17, 2008
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ah justice.

:D

#36     Nov 17, 2008
  7. BTW, this dates back to 2004. The SEC is really on the ball here as usual. Reminds me of when they charged Jordan Mintz from Enron (who was also an internal whistle blower) with civil charges 6 years after Enron collapsed. The SEC makes me feel more and more protected every day. Before long, they will actually be investigating things that happened in the same year... wouldn't that be nice?

#37     Nov 17, 2008
  8. neke

neke

What took them four years to discover? And to think their source is his own blog. That is witch-hunting! Should probably tell folks to be careful what they say on public forums.

#38     Nov 17, 2008
  9. telozo

telozo

As far as I remember Martha went to jail for obstruction of justice not for insider trading.

Never mind - someone else pointed that out already.

#39     Nov 17, 2008
  10. wiki does not say he was ever a trader.

it says that he make 1k starting a chain letter in college.

#40     Nov 17, 2008