WSJ: Goldman Sachs Criminal Probe

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by USAtrader, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Sorry,

What can the idiots in DC do to GS?:D :D

#11     Apr 29, 2010
  2. Don't underestimate the power Government has. Yes, it can be controlled to an extent. But when a government feels threatened, and elections are approaching, all bets are off.

However powerful certain people and corporations may be, in the end, a Government always outlives them.

#12     Apr 29, 2010
  3. Misthos,

Sound like GS might get a slap on the hand to keep the sheeples from tearing down DC to me. :)

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aAH7Zq6wWQPQ&pos=6

#13     Apr 29, 2010
  4. Did you watch the exchange between Senator Levin and Blankfein today? This was an all out humiliation. Granted, the members of Congress on the whole still have no idea on how to approach this - but I think severe damage was done.

I think Lloyd is toast. At best, I think Goldman may become a private firm again.

It's still up in the air - but Goldman is in a difficult situation. Things have already started snowballing with the potential inquiries by the UK and Germany as well. And now just the mere mention of the Justice Dept getting involved?

It's too much, even for Goldman.

#14     Apr 29, 2010
  5. Misthos,

I for one, would love to see these criminals are prosecuted at the full extend of the laws, but with what is going on now for the past 3 years. I have doubt that anyone will do any times, Lloyd will still remain a billionaire...

But please proof me wrong...

#15     Apr 29, 2010
  6. Illum

Illum

Enron boys had a lot of friends in govt, until they didn't.

Everyone is so smert. Much smerter than a fool like me. GS was just market making, there were loopholes in the law. They could be market maker, advise, originate and trade with no conflict of interest. One problem..

Jury will be made up of tards like myself who will smell three card monte and see economic disaster of worthless scam paper peddled worldwide. Get along little doggies, get along

#16     Apr 29, 2010
  7. Yah I wonder how many more of these banks we are going to see in the headlines? It seems like a lot of the banks were doing the same thing. But I own a home and paid my mortgage on time for over five years! Then people where I lived started losing their homes and it hurt my customer base for my small company. I mean I have not seen anything like this the entire time I have owned my company (25 years). These greedy little piggy banks potentially cause the whole housing crisis and then got a bail out in the billions! I have been an honest business owner the entire time and paid my taxes. For what!? For them to give the Piggy Banks a bail out? The very Piggy Banks that potentially caused the crisis!? Like the idea of modifications or not, TARP received 591 billion dollars of tax payer money and if anyone is going to get a bail out, it needs to be the American Tax Payer! Can you imagine what bank made off just having $25 billion dollars?

WHERE IS MY LOAN MODIFICATION BANK OF AMERICA!?

If it walks like a piggy, talks like a piggy, by golly it’s a PIGGY!

These bank remind me of that song by John Lennon and George Harrison titled "Piggies" I invite you to listen to this song on youtube and see if it appropriately fits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTmeHM-Hojg&feature=related

Have you seen the little piggies
    Crawling in the dirt
    And for all the little piggies
    Life is getting worse
    Always having dirt to play around in.

Have you seen the bigger piggies
    In their starched white shirts
    You will find the bigger piggies
    Stirring up the dirt
    Always have clean shirts to play around in.

In their ties with all their backing
    They don't care what goes on around
    In their eyes there's something lacking
    What they need's a damn good whacking.

Everywhere there's lots of piggies
    Living piggy lives
    You can see them out for dinner
    With their piggy wives
    Clutching forks and knives to eat their bacon.

I am tired of it and I am fighting back!

You can join my fight or support me with your comments at:

www.unitedlawgroup.com/news_ULG_files_suit_bofa_behalf_john_wright.html#comments

Sincerely,
    Johns-wright@hotmail.com

#17     Apr 30, 2010