WSJ: Friday Pretty Much of a Washout

Discussion in 'Trading' started by einai, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Yes, that is the same way I see it.

#21     Nov 30, 2009
  2. einai

einai

Yes, but you're probably an American, and therefore in denial.

#22     Nov 30, 2009
  3. einai

einai

I'm still waiting for you gentlemen to explain why we didn't rally 100 points like you said we would.

Please, gentlemen, don't keep us in suspense. Experienced traders such as yourselves :confused: have so much to teach the rest of us.

#23     Nov 30, 2009
  4. I'm curious. Are you bumping this thread repeatedly to serve some sort of point? People call up, people call down. The market does what it wants. My comment, personally, was just humorous. I fully do believe the market is going to have another up move based on the still-deep liquidity punchbowl the Fed is serving. If not today, then tomorrow. What I said was that the Dubai issue isn't a big deal, and the market clearly doesn't think it is. The market move down this morning was more due to the Fed's announcement of reverse repos than anything else.

But you, however, seem intent on trying to be a sarcastic troll. Are things really that boring up there in Ontario?

#24     Nov 30, 2009
  5. Everyone has an opinion. Look at the gold prophets........"it is a bubble and is fixing to crash", "new target 4,000". Quit listening to CNBC and people. Let the market be your guide.

#25     Nov 30, 2009
  6. einai

einai

If you will reread my posts from the weekend, you will see that they were thoughtful and balanced, and that I alluded copiously to my own ignorance while trying to start a reasonable discussion.

You and others basically responded with unilateral statements to the contrary, providing no arguments, and suggesting I was exaggerating.

So I'm asking the smartasses who declined to reason with me politely, to step up to the plate and admit that they were wrong publicly.

Capice?

#26     Nov 30, 2009
  7. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were "new" to Elite Trader, or what's more, to the concept of the anonymous message forum.

You see, whenever comments are made from a speculative nature, others jump in. As the thread progresses, the odds of the content becoming more speculative and less factual increase, and debate usually ensues. Many times, posters are sarcastic, but as you may or may not know, it is difficult sometimes to fathom the depth of emotion coming from black and white text. As a result, strange occurrences described as misunderstandings sometimes occur.

For further references, you might want to check out wikipedia for more information on how flamewars are started, grow, and invariably end.

Best of luck, and welcome to EliteTrader.

And to the Internet.

#27     Nov 30, 2009
  8. And in other news, end of day up move occurs on schedule.

#28     Nov 30, 2009
  9. I'm an American. I am not in Denial. I have understood for years what has been going on. But when I said anything years ago no one listened.

#29     Dec 2, 2009