WSJ: Better to "set the money on fire" than give it to GM to reinforce future losses

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wilburbear, Nov 15, 2008.

1. I think you guys are missing the point. The purpose of GM isn't to make cars or even a profit. - - The purpose is to employ all those execs and union members (especially the union members because they represent far more votes). - - - Hmmm, maybe they outta do the same thing as with the postal service or the state depts of motor vehicles - - just make a law requring everyone to buy their cars. That would appeal to the dictorial tendencies of many in government.

#31     Dec 3, 2008
  2. Ford was just a job with great pay, pension and benefits. BMW just made better cars. He drove his BMW for like 300k miles. I bet no Ford would ever do that, without a new engine and transmission, things he never had to change.

#32     Dec 5, 2008
  3. nickdes

nickdes

I assume this, you are making this up on the fly. Actually I my mindset is not to call you a liar as I could never prove nor disprove your written statement. This is the Internet, one can say and be anything they put into print! It is up to the reader to discern for himself or herself!

Nick

#33     Dec 5, 2008
  4. =====================
    Well i liked my Ford Ranger, like GM Saturn,
    but bottom line;
    if they can not run a car companY, THEY NEED TO go thru chapter 11 protection.

Or sell out to companys that can run a car co- Honda, Nissan,Toyota, ALL THOSE MANUFACTURE IN usa, also.:cool:

Thank God the Senate is not voting for GM bad management bailout;
    Senator Reid said they dont have the votes.

#34     Dec 5, 2008
  5. #35     Dec 5, 2008
  6. #37     Feb 5, 2009
  7. It would have been better to set the money on fire.

At least that would have had a psychological impact on the dangers of the TARP.

I started this thread months ago. Everyone knew there was a strong chance taxpayers money would be wasted.

Do not pay your taxes! It sends the wrong message to Washington.

#38     Apr 22, 2009
  8. GM in bankruptcy Monday morning.

All those billions wasted.

The first post's WSJ article is spot on.

#39     May 30, 2009