WSJ article on Steve Cohen and SAC Capital Mgmt

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by OneHipCat, Sep 16, 2006.

1. How do you get that?

#51     Sep 18, 2006
  2. Guess the money just isnt doing it for him anymore...

#52     Sep 18, 2006
  3. BCE

BCE

Was he on? What did he have to say? There used to be a site that had transcripts of these interviews, but I thrik the main media sources shut them down. Too bad - it was a really nice site. Forgot the name of it.

#53     Sep 18, 2006
  4. Actually no, my mistake they just talked about SAC and the journal article, cohen wasnt on. I think they were kind of deceptive in the way they promoted the story made you think they were going to talk to someone from sac. Losers.

#54     Sep 18, 2006
  5. I really hope he came on, I missed it.

Hopefully somebody will upload it to youtube

#55     Sep 18, 2006
  6. Exactly.

CNBC is so much fluff, and so little substance.

It shouldn't surprise me, as it's owned by GE.

#56     Sep 19, 2006
  7. This article is brilliant, can't understand why he has allowed his photo to be published.

#57     Sep 20, 2006
  8. He does not want to be a dust in the wind...probably retiring soon would be my guess and he do not want anyone to forget his legacy at SAC. All the articles I have read are all basically a mini biography of him, which I found to be very curious in accordance with my theory. And take a glance at the one photo he released... his stance besides what he loves to do... tape reading (shown a bit of T&S window on the left)

#58     Dec 12, 2007

9. If you looked at Gasparino's report on the trader with no body hair, he was, in the process of going throught the sexual harrassment bit, interviewed by the Feds about the trading at SEC.

We all know there is no model in the world that allows for performance like that with the size increase in assets he has enjoyed. Something is up. The Feds don't just show up and ask unrelated questions. He probably figured at the time he did the piictures he'd need soft and fuzzy.

#59     Dec 12, 2007
  10. This is the rumor I've heard . He paid full commissions in exchange for info which stock will be upgraded, downgraded ......
    That is why he was on the floor receiving calls ...
    Probably just a rumor...

#60     Dec 13, 2007