WSJ article on Steve Cohen and SAC Capital Mgmt

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by OneHipCat, Sep 16, 2006.

1. u have to admit tho the guy was/is extremely talented, achievin' extraordinary returns from the beginnin' when he was a nobody and surely without any priviledged insider info available to him. i agree that it is probable later in his career he had access to some kinda information advantage but still a fella to look up to, no 2ways about it imo.

#41     Sep 17, 2006
  2. Byrne on the Radio Tonight, September 17, 8-10pm Eastern time.

It's a call in type show, so ask your questions. The stream is at KFYI.com. Here is the rest of the agenda.

WHAT I SUGGEST, IS ASK HIM ABOUT HIS OPINION OF THE STEVE COHEN ARTICLE. HE HAS SPENT TWO YEARS AND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN HIS INVESTIGATIONS, AND HE MIGHT GIVE YOU A VERY INTERESTING ANSWER.

Program: The Terry Gilberg Show, KFYI-AM, Phoenix

Date: Sunday, September 17

The show starts at 5:00 p.m. Local Time.

The first hour will tentatively be about Taser

The second hour (6pm) will be all Patrick

Host: Terry Gilberg

Format: Live talk radio show

Topic: Naked short selling; Gradient lawsuit; Overstock; Taser

Duration: 1 or 2 hours (depending on whether Patrick is on the first hour)

Finishes up at 7pm

#42     Sep 17, 2006
  3. MogulB

MogulB

Does anyone else have any pictures of the SAC trading floor or a close up of Steve's in that picture. I find it interesting to see.

#43     Sep 17, 2006
  4. BCE

BCE

#44     Sep 17, 2006
  5. He certainly knew that the reporter didn't know anything about the markets and how to make money.

#45     Sep 18, 2006
  6. Joab

Joab

Great article thanks for sharing !!!

Go Stevie .......

I have never been the groupie fan type ever in my life but man would I like to meet Stevie and talk shop with him for a few hours or even better to work for him (I happily do it for free) :cool:

I completely RESPECT and ADMIRE this man.

I understand he is a great philanthropist too.

#46     Sep 18, 2006

7. He probably pays 10% in taxes...we would all be great philanthropists if we had that deal.

#47     Sep 18, 2006
  8. frozen sculpture of the artists head...made from his own blood...ummm yah....

Of course SAC gets props all over the place. However I disagree with the days of large returns being over. The quick and nimble small time trader(<5million) can still get involved in names that SAC types cannot. Volume issues and the like.

#48     Sep 18, 2006
  9. MogulB

MogulB

True, and that is why SAC moved on, due to their size. This is the normal trajectory of funds that do wel and amas size over time. SAC has no other choice.

#49     Sep 18, 2006
  10. Looks like he's going to be on CNBC at 4:30. Weird that he's doing all this press all of a sudden.

#50     Sep 18, 2006