wrong state of legal residence on IB application, am i screwed?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by AlmostGotIt, Mar 20, 2008.

1. I was opening/moving an account to IB tonight, I used the scroll wheel on my mouse to scroll the page, but I think it scrolled through the states instead, and I didnt notice... is this BAD?

I cant really access anything until my funds are received, does anyone else have any experience with such a problem... and/or moving and changing state of legal residence?

2. cstfx

cstfx

If you just filled out the online app. last night then it has not been reviewed as yet. When it is, they will notice the conflict with the state chosen and the zip and ask for clarification before they allow you to do a thing.

3. If IB doesn't notice the conflict between your ZIP code and the state selected, you can update your account information after your account is opened. No different than if you moved a month after opening the account.

4. Go to IB side, log in finish application and change there what you want - and how many times you want. I did it twice. You can do it anytime until your account will be approved. And it will be probably not approved if you have incorrect address.