wrong p&l

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Chuck Krug, Jul 4, 2007.

1. I don't trade the yen futs normally, but i tried to bottom pick yesterday and bought 1 contract /6ju7 last night at 0.008249
    and put in a stop at 0.008238. The stop got hit this morning and sold at 0.008239 for a 10 tick loss. This should be a 125usd loss.
    my account shows a 762.50usd loss. I mailed my broker MBtrading (hard to get someone on the phone today) No reply
    Anyone else had this?
    Did I overlook something?

2. Anyone?
    Mb mailed me that they would look into it.
    So far nothing

3. May want to wait until it clears. I know with GFT they have a funny way of converting the currency over to USD from YEN. Did you check your actual account balance? Did it take that amount out of your total account balance? IF so, I would be on the phone till somebody answered! Good luck, let me know how things turn out.

4. Surdo

Surdo

The OP is trading YEN Futures which would trade and settle in USD the same day.

Something is not correct with his scenario.

5. Ah, yes, you are correct, my aplogies, I overlooked the Futures part, thanks for correcting me.

6. I just got an account statement in which the matter was resolved.
    Seems to me there was a bit of a problem with my margin on my overnight positions. (not enough of it ;-)) Still a confusing way to show this as a loss on this particular trade.