Wrong Fair Value Premiums

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ripley, Dec 21, 2005.

1. eSignal has it only for S&P, wish they had it for Dow..

The emini symbol is EPREM A0

#11     Dec 22, 2005
  2. No wonder I couldn't pull up a chart of it...the "E" portion of EPREM was cut off on my quote box.

Correcting my prior post, the symbol is EPREM A0, not PREM A0.

#12     Dec 22, 2005
  3. ozzy

ozzy

You can do a spread chart of the YM/$DJIA (esignal should let you do this), plug in the daily FV's provided from the vendors listed in this thread, add some alerts when they reach potential program buy/sell zones. Bada boom bada bing.

ozzy

P.S Anyone know where I can get the FV numbers for the ER2?

Thanks.

#13     Dec 22, 2005
  4. When i type $PREM on esignal, i get values that make no sense.... i get values in the hundreds... like 600 to 800 :confused:

#14     Dec 22, 2005
  5. Ripley what do i need to subscribe to in order to be able to get data for that symbol? Right now it says im not entitled

#15     Dec 22, 2005
  6. neurod

neurod

If you read the programtrading.com website properly, it mentions that the only place you can get all the correct PREM levels, inlcuding the Russell 2000 is from DTN IQ. Esignal only has the PREM for the S&P. All other $prem values from other vendors are wrong.

#16     Dec 22, 2005
  7. bvam1

bvam1

Indexarb.com uses the following symbols as they have mentions here...

[The S&P 500 premium can be seen on the CNBC ticker with the symbol of PREM, which precedes their FV, fair value. Other data feeds use the symbol of $PREM.X, $PREM, or SP-PREM. The NASDAQ 100 premium has the symbol of ND-PREM.]

But according to an article I've recently read, those symbols are inaccurate. Here's the article.

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/Daytrading/commentary/lftw/09302005-46122.cfm

#17     Dec 23, 2005
  8. today's data

#18     Dec 23, 2005
  9. heyfud

heyfud

Hi, I wonder if anyone has attended the seminars by Hank at ProgramTrading and can give an opinion on the seminars? His 2-day weekend seminar looks interesting but does cost a bit.

Thanks.
    :)

#19     Sep 25, 2010
  10. Who cares what the OP was asking about? That was 5 years ago?

HF, you seem to be pretty new here based on your # of posts, so here is the quick and dirty guide to how things work:

1. There are some smart and probably successful traders here that, if the question is phrased to their liking, and isn't something like "If anyone has a successful method, please detail it for me?", they will offer some useful information.

2. The guys in #1 are not very common. Most of what you will get in responses to a genuine question will vary between useless (but sometimes entertaining) sarcasm and verbal attacks, or misinformation.

3. You will need to do some due diligence, and sift through all the responses to a question in order to find useful information from someone who might actually understand and willingly share the information you seek.

4. Most importantly, if you ask any question about any PAID training or mentorship, be prepared for sarcasm, ridicule, suspicion, and general disapproval. The prevailing mantra is that nobody will sell (or give away) any training or knowledge that they themselves could make $$ using.

There you have it, a primer for asking questions on ET, welcome. Oh by the way, if no one comes through with a useful reply on your question regarding Hank Camp's training, that probably means either no one here has tried it and therefore, have no opinion, or they have tried it and are making tons of $$ and don't want any more competition. Or its the weekend and they just haven't checked ET.

Since the thread is old, and your question only generally pertains to the topic, you might try creating a new thread, if this goes nowhere. If you can get Don Bright's attention, he might be able to give you some idea as to whether the methodology in general has any edge in the current market climate. I don't think he will have any specific knowledge of the training that Hank is offering, but he and others at his firm have used fair value calculations for years on the open and throughout the trading day. I'm sure he has a very good idea of its usefulness.

good luck.

#20     Sep 26, 2010