Writing a training program, your input pls

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Wood474, May 16, 2008.

1. LOL....

And I posted this before reading the BW article on new recruits (See page 42 to 46).

That was very frightening.

The article on shut downs of foreign branches of B schools was equally forboding.

There are lots of extremely significant things coming up in the near future. Our local foods are up 43% over last year. we are doing social promotions of 90% of the failing students in our public schools locally (Fortunately, we have charter schools like BASIS, the leading scholastic school in the nation).

We land the Mars probe on 25th and UA is the control center; its good to have colleges running science. we are casting the lasrgest telescope mirror this moth, too. It will be flexible and only take a few months to cool.

Tucson will be the solar city and the foreign corps are arriving all the time.

Most of all, I like the these times whereby anyone can build their minds to build unbelievable wealth for their families and communities anywhere in the world. We are finally nailing down the impediments to remote trading once and for all. It is hard to express how very resourceful people cannot see the impediments until they are given advisories that are able to allow them to see what is going on.

When you read the BW article on the University situation, you can easily fathom how the B school academics missed the boat. the kids aren't exactly picking up the ball on the sites mentioned but they sure are at other locations around the world.

It Tucson I get to go to a lot of medical centers that are very specialized. I am amazed at how they are so interconnected and the better regimes can be customized through interacting and skilled people. Dr Weill is an example of the show and tell kind of people here. It is amazing how they use computer data systems to measure unobtrusively about anything you can imagine. I may become robotic fairly soon. My cartiologist always jokes with me about trading measures and he has me down cold as to how to stay out of trouble by changing the shape of my heart and making it tone up to deal with a 400% calcium overload. I'm down to under 15 minute miles a day (four a day in under an hour) now (pulse is 60% of max) and I now am back up to unlimited thinking hours from a max of three hours a couple of months ago.

It will be interesting when I croak.

I think the era of centralized money pools will not end but the extraction from those pools is going to become a terrific remote activity. The extractions will become significant local drivers. the bridge for all of this is indiviual people who are just regular thoughful people. We are estimating here that the Iraq vet's care is going to reach 59 billion cost level. It IS going to be provided that's for sure.

#11     May 19, 2008
  2. lindq

lindq

LOL. I'd love to know how you define a "high calibre potential trader"!

Is that someone who is (A) Breathing, and (B) Has money to burn on commissions?

#12     May 19, 2008
  3. Wood474

Wood474

Well, good points, but you you can have a fair stab at what you think the criteria is for a high potential trader. You take on 10 for example and if 4 make it, all's well. Then you take on the next 10 and so on and so forth. Also, it's our money they're burning so what do they have to lose?!

#13     May 20, 2008
  4. No offense meant, but if you have over 18 years experience, how come you need help with this??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

#14     May 20, 2008
  5. Wood474

Wood474

I'm not asking anyone to write the thing, it was a fairly simply question and maybe someone would come up with something that I hadn't immediately thought of. If for example you purely traded s&p, then in terms of a training program you're not going to try and explain fixed income yield spreads or how rice moves. I'm just looking for topic areas. Like last night I suddenly thought, shit yeah, corrolations, got to do a section on that. Sure, I would have thought about it anyway, but had you written one word in relpy like 'corrolations', then I wouldn't have had to have come up with it myself - just trying to save some brain power. Right now I'm at jotting notes on paper as I think about them. I'm a trader, actively trading and not sitting here for 10 hours a day focusing on writing this program, so it's no more than just ideas from other traders that should be thought about.

#15     May 20, 2008

6. Ok, fair enough.

#16     May 20, 2008
  7. Any progress, Wood474 in your writings? Is it possible to give a rough draft of the same so, we can get an idea of what exactly you want, just the main points, not the whole thing? Wishing you all the best for the same. :)

#17     Jun 6, 2008
  8. #18     Jul 17, 2008