wow tumblr worth $1.1 billion? really? hmmm thank BUBBLE ben bernanke

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, May 19, 2013.

1. S2007S

S2007S

#21     May 24, 2016
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Yahoo failed...they never found a way to make money on the back end of it.....doesn't matter how many "UNIQUE VISITORS " a site has...that's late 90s early 2000 talk.....unique visitors ha....

#22     May 24, 2016
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Guys, I assume most people know how these deals are made and how pay out is split.

#23     May 25, 2016
  4. S2007S

S2007S

How could anyone not see how pathetic the purchase of tumblr was for Yahoo over 3 years ago....how could I see how much of a waste they were paying for such a worthless site yet the top executives at Yahoo thought this was the purchase of a lifetime...fools....I predicted this one perfectly.. Said tumblr was worth no more than $50 million and even that was an insane evaluation... Funny how quick these companies like yahoo go out and purchase companies they believe will be the best for their bottom line....when old school dot coms, media companies and tech companies buy these new social networking companies they are usually just throwing money away ....simple as that....

Yahoo 'screws it up,' writes down $482 million of Tumblr

July 18
    NEW YORK

Marissa Mayer may be ending her tenure at Yahoo on a sour note.

Yahoo is writing down the value of its Tumblr acquisition by $482 million, citing lower projections for the social network's future performance, the company announced Monday.

This comes after Yahoo (YHOO, Tech30) took a $230 million similar writedown last quarter on its Tumblr buy.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/18/technology/yahoo-q2-earnings-tumblr/

#24     Jul 19, 2016