Wow, this really happens over unpaid bills?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Crispy

Crispy

You and me both. And we arent the only ones.

At least I know the crooks are out to get me and that gives me the edge. The "good guys" on the other hand, well they have the edge in the form of uncertainty of intention.

#11     Jun 8, 2011
  2. BSAM

BSAM

However, the cops are only doing what their supervisors allow them to do. Don't buy the crap when the supervisors claim they didn't know what was going on. Trust me on this.

There are exceptions, of course, but 9 out of 10 times, the higher ups know what their subordinates are doing out there on the street. There's lots of good cops left, but too many have turned to shit.

#12     Jun 8, 2011
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yes, and it is NOT supposed to be this way!:mad:

When I wore a badge, I treated people as good as they treated me. Now it's almost like a team of commandos out here wearing badges. There is a MASSIVE difference between combat in War and street crimes. In War related combat, you do things, and it is what it is. The best way to describe it is when the lead starts to fly in War, it's almost like a football team as we would look at each other after a good shot was placed that would, for example, blow some guys head off and straight up in the air, and say Ooh rah!

For civillian Police Officers, they are now confusing their jobs with War related combat, and that is very, VERY bad.

The difference between a combat Marine and a Police Officer's actions are night and day different. Marines are paid to kill, and police officers are paid to PROTECT and SERVE.

#13     Jun 8, 2011
  4. BSAM

BSAM

LOL...Yeah, right.

#14     Jun 8, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Perhaps it's a feedback loop, because imho the general public has become a lot more disrespectful, too. Sometimes seems like everyone these days believes they're a badass, a genius, always in the right, or all three.

#15     Jun 8, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Well said..... cops probably get pissed off at all the snot nosed pricks they pull over who tell the cops what their rights are because they saw it off some T.V. show.

#16     Jun 8, 2011
  7. Although by default I would say 90% of the people cops deal with on a daily basis are arrogant, douche bags, thugs, addicts, wanna be rebels, etc. Nobody is calling the cops on grandma for playing her music too loud.

#17     Jun 8, 2011
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Not 100% accurate. Recently 4 pigs tasered an 86 year old bed ridden woman.

LEAPup sorry i referred to these guys as pigs, but there is a clear distinction in my mind between cops and "pigs"

Pigs are the guys like these assholes who tazed an 86 year old bed ridden woman, these guys are an embarassment to real cops, who are out there serving the community.

In his police report, officer Durgan asserted that Varner "took a more aggressive posture in her bed," evidently causing him to fear for his and his officers' lives.

So an 86 year old bed ridden woman sits up in her bed and it causes these fucking dickwads to fear for their life and taze her?

ORIGINAL STORY FOLLOWS BELOW

Officer 's rationale: Bed-ridden grandmother 'took more aggressive stance' in her bed

When Lonnie Tinsley of El Reno, Oklahoma, called 911 to ask for medical assistance for his disabled, bed-ridden grandmother, he couldn't have dreamed it would end with police tasering the 86-year-old woman twice, stepping on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe, and sending her to a psychiatric hospital for six days.

Yet that's what a lawsuit (PDF) filed in a federal court in Oklahoma this week alleges.

According to the lawsuit, in December, 2009, Tinsley came by his grandmother's apartment to see if she was doing alright in the midst of a winter storm. When she wasn't able to tell him if she had taken her medication, Tinsley called 911 and asked responders to send medical technicians over to evaluate her.

But instead of an ambulance, the lawsuit alleges, "as many as 10 El Reno police" arrived and "pushed their way through the door."

At that point, 86-year-old Lona Varner told police to "get out of her apartment." That's when officer Thomas Duran, described in the lawsuit as the "leader" of the police unit, allegedly told another officer to "taser her."

When Tinsley responded "Don't tase my granny!" the officers threatened to taser him instead, the lawsuit states.

In his police report, officer Durgan asserted that Varner "took a more aggressive posture in her bed," evidently causing him to fear for his and his officers' lives.

Police then handcuffed Tinsley and took him to a waiting squad car. They released him without charge some time later. Meanwhile, the lawsuit alleges, officers "stepped on [Varner's] oxygen hose until she began to suffer oxygen deprivation."

Officers then fired a taser at her, hitting her twice, causing her to pass out, the lawsuit states.

At the direction of El Reno police, Varner was sent to the psychiatric ward of St. Anthony's Hospital in Oklahoma City, where she was held for six days.

The lawsuit, which names the city of El Reno and 13 police officers as defendants, alleges that Varner's rights were violated under the Fourth and 14th Amendments to the US Constitution, and that "the defendants caused the plaintiffs to be wrongfully seized, assaulted, battered, physically harmed, humiliated [and] emotionally harmed."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/06/25/officers-taser-86yearold-disabled-woman-bed-lawsuit/

#18     Jun 8, 2011
  9. Eight

Eight

Cops are weird nowadays. I'm not real scared of them typically but I always thought about what I would do if they kick in my door with no warrant... until I read that story I always thought of the officer's rights and safety and all but wow, that turned the corner for me... our culture is weird actually.. previous poster said "desensitized" and I have to think that is the root of the behavior...

#19     Jun 8, 2011
  10. mafia style ... give out a loan, then break your f*ckn legs is there is a problem.

[​IMG]

• maf.png
      File size:
      110 KB
      Views:
    #20     Jun 8, 2011