Wow, this really happens over unpaid bills?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Jun 8, 2011.

1. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-unpaid-student-loans.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

A little over the top?: SWAT team launch dawn raid on family home to collect unpaid student loans

A father was dragged from his home and handcuffed in front of his children by a SWAT team looking for his estranged wife - to collect her unpaid student loans.

A stunned Kenneth Wright had his front door kicked in by the raiding party at 6 am yesterday before being dragged onto his front porch, handcuffed and led to a police car with his three children.
    He says he was then detained for six hours while officers looked for his wife - who no longer lives at the house.

AIG gets a handout over its unpaid bills, poor Kenneth gets a beat down!

2. Max E.

Max E.

Cops have been becoming more and more agressive year in and year out.... you would think with the plethora of cell phone cameras recording them, that they would lay off but sadly it seems to be the opposite.

Eventually something has to give.

3. Crispy

Crispy

Yup. They automatically use force for everything now. Long gone are they days where they cops knock on your door to talk. Now its blow the door off and ask questions later.

How about the Marine murdered by pigs? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BJ_Jn9rlVs&amp

The state always equals violence, in all ways.

Liberty in eclipse...

(A)

4. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'm a former Police Officer, and I agree completely! I think the problem is the fact that the young rookies wearing badges these days are from the "screw you, give me something, out of my damn way" generation that seems to be the most desensitized generations I've ever seen!

The difference is they are now wearing badges, and "supposed" to be acting at a higher standard. When I did the job, I called everyone Sir or Mam, and looked to investigate real crimes like robbery, murder, rape, child molestation, etc., I wasn't into the drug busts, and especially not anything like the story from above.

I have a very good Friend who is a Sergeant, and close to retirement. He has his hands FULL with the new guys he has, and it's not because they're rookies. It's because they're from the above "screw you, give me my stuff, and go to he*l" generation...

I'm really not a fan of law enforcement these days, and that's sad as they have now become their own worst enemies when even former Officers can't stand to be around them for more than two seconds. These newbies want to break down some pothead's door, shoot his dogs, and put MP-5's in his family's faces vs. go out and investigate stuff like violent crime. Oh that's right, investigating violent crime would take effort, and the bad guys fight back, so that should paint a picture as to why these guys are pulling the kind of shit that they're pulling with people. Why do they screw with typical, non-violent people often? Because they're lazy, and because they can.:mad:

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

WTF...there HAS to be more to this story than was printed.

6. JamesL

JamesL

Wow! Mods fixed the ymail issue. No longer starred out.

7. BSAM

BSAM

Obviously, the people at AIG paid off their loans.

8. Crispy

Crispy

Nope. Happens very often. swat gone wild.

I could link you a guys site who documents this stuff if you care.

9. olias

olias

I have a couple comments. According to the story, he's only seeking an apology and payment for his broken door. Screw that! Sue them so they think twice before trying something similar. You have an obligation to do so. Give the money away for god's sake, but don't let these assholes off the hook.

second comment: cute kids he's got

10. BSAM

BSAM

These days, I'm more scared of the cops than the crooks.

#10     Jun 8, 2011