Wow, this guy is amazing, its too bad all cops are not like this.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Aug 2, 2011.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Agreed! And the officer did the guy a mind blowing "favor" by not detaining him any longer to at least verify IS THE GUN CLEAN? Not to mention the FACT that prior Marines DON'T behave the way that guy did in the presence of each other. The officer should have asked some "small talk" questions like, "what Battallion were you in at P.I? Or, Where did you go to SOI?" I can't figure out why the officer didn't do that, as that's "Former Marine 101."

I think the camera scared the officer, and that's sad. Had that been me, I'd say, "I'm trying to conduct an investigation. You can either hand me your camera until I'm done speaking with you, as it's obviously an obstruction to my investigation, or you can hand your camera over to someone else to film. Either way, make a decision, so I can finish up our talk, and it will be that much quicker you're on your way."

#11     Aug 2, 2011
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

I have no problem with filming. People used to use the LARGE (I'm giving up my age) vhs cameras to film me at times when I was an officer.

The problem is the guy is obstructing an investigation by filming while HE is the subject of the investigation. He can either turn it off, or hand it over to someone else who wants to film. Either way, HE wouldn't be the one filming since I'm trying to ascertain whether or not he's carrying a stolen firearm, possibly a fugitive from justice, possibly mentally ill meaning he doesn't get the gun back (and a trip to the hospital on a mental hygeine warrant to see just how fuc*ed up he is), AND the fact that we're standing on the side of the highway; a place that is dangerous as people like to crash into cop cars for some reason.

Take all that into account, and I would have had him turn off his disraction, or have him hand it over to someone else. If he didn't do that, I would have taken the camera, and 'possibly' arrested him for obstructing. Why? Once he gets to the jail, guarantee mr john doe would soon have a real name, and I could determine whether or not the guy really is a danger to the public. If not, I'd move to dismiss the obstructing charge, and get rid of the lair. (He was never a Marine.)

#12     Aug 2, 2011
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Agreed completely! I may have been one, but I'm no fan of the new officers out there today. A very good Friend of mine is a Shift Commander in charge of a LARGE County. His new Deputies are... Well, a handfull. The "old" guys like me and him are at odds trying to figure out the 21-30 year old's wearing badges today.

Some lazy, some butt holes, the rest, mostly lazy. lol
    It only takes a few buttholes to make a bad stink for everyone...

#13     Aug 2, 2011
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That's not what i meant, and you know it. He can film all he wants. But once the officer has established he is cool with everything, common courtesy dictates the man actually behave like a human being instead of an asshole.

#14     Aug 2, 2011
  5. achilles28

achilles28

I think you're over-reacting, big time. The guy was not an asshole. He cooperated with everything but his name while toting a camera. So what? Its this bend-and-grovel mentality Americans think they owe towards "authorities" that has got us in this mess.

#15     Aug 2, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

The thing is I have found that there is a noticeable difference in the way cops treat you in the States and in Canada.

I remember my first time being pulled over in the states i was pulled over for no reason, and then for no reason whatsoever the guy wanted to search my car, I was driving a mercedes in a nice area, so i dont understand what the guy would have wanted to pull me over for in the first place, unless he thought i stole the car, when i asked why he basically said because he wanted to, so i just let him since i had nothing on me.

In Canada i have been pulled over lots for a reason, but i have never had them search my car, and i grew up in canada and went to university in canada and only left when i was 23, so the cops had alot more of a reason to harass me when i was leaving parties and things like that in Canada but they never did.

I have been witness to both and i can honestly say it just seems like the cops in Canada are much more aware of peoples freedoms than they are in the states, and i would far prefer for a few bad guys to get away, then to have a police force that is constantly pulling people over and harassing them for no reason.

#16     Aug 2, 2011
  7. Max E.

Max E.

I agree with you, and its in situations like this where a guy is acting like a complete know it all jerkoff instead of just having a civil conversation where i almost laugh when the guy gets tasered.

You can go about it the same way this guy did, and know what your rights are, and explain that you arent going to do aanything which violates your rights without, being a know it all jerkoff about it, and acting like a douchebag, the cop is just doing his job too.

It is pretty obviuos in videos like this particular one that the guy filming was probably some left wing anarchist jerk off, who was trying to intentionally get himself roughed up, and get it on camera at the same time, so in cases like this guys where a guy goes out looking for trouble and gets tazed i have very little sympathy, but there are lots of cases where someone filsm an arrest and cops just go balistic for absoltuely no reason.

Or on the flip side there is lots of cases where a guy talks politely with an officer and points out his rights, and the cop then starts getting belligerent with them, its those ones that piss me off when an officer goes off the deepend.

#17     Aug 2, 2011
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'm outside of a Capital City in the South East. I wish the lazy turds here would pull over more people. Driving the Interstate here is like trying to drive some twisted form of the autobahn. The speeds go from 95 to 60 to 80 to 45, middle fingers everywhere (not by me), swerving all over the place trying to get just that extra car length ahead, etc.,

On the secondary roads, I've called in drunks going from "ditch line to ditchline," and NO L.E agencies respond. That's too much like work...

I'll ask the Sergeant I know about this, and he shows me the computer screen in his cruiser. It's LOADED with 911 calls of various types. With the way crime has increased here, and the police departments not hiring to compensate, there isn't time for much road patrol. And I have two Sons getting licenses.:( :eek:

#18     Aug 2, 2011
  9. Eight

Eight

I wish cops were like that in Los Angeles. I heard that in the Midwest they act like they were citizens and subject to the same laws as everybody else...

#19     Aug 2, 2011
  10. That has got to be one of the most boring videos I've ever watched. I was waiting for the punchline but no! WTF Mate??

#20     Aug 2, 2011