Wow -- the new MultiCharts beta is GREAT

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tortoise, Jul 8, 2007.

1. I am a developer that has worked with MultiCharts for years and understand the way they focus on the creation of a professional tool that also works for the "active trader" like yourself.

I understand that we all focus on different methods and was simple explaining that diverting the focus of the developers isn't in the best interest of the overall product direction.

Those of us that want something specific to work inside their highly specialized product take it upon ourselves to employ outside professionals to create what we need to work inside that environment instead of wasting their time with fringe requests. We have learned, over time, to respect their time and determination because in the long run we all are better off with a better end product.

#41     Jul 26, 2007
  2. ToTrade

ToTrade

In general, I guess this usually depends on the "demand" for the new feature. If a lot of people want it, it's priority goes up. If you are the only person requesting it, then it is probably slim that it will get done.

#42     Jul 26, 2007
  3. 'Nuff said.

lj

#43     Jul 26, 2007
  4. Gracias. Je comprends your take.

lj

#44     Jul 27, 2007
  5. Tums

Tums

You don't need the developer to do this.

All you need is to set the trading hours to be charted.

e.g.
    if you are making a 5 min chart of XYZ stock, which is trading in NY.

You can set the trading hour to begin at 9:00am, your chart will have a few empty bars until 9:30am.

If you set the trading hour to begin at 10:00am, your chart will begin at 10:00am, and you will miss the bars between 9:30 and 10:00am.

#45     Jul 27, 2007
  6. .

In fact I have set the trading hours to be "RTH" only but for whatever reasons my software routinely "starts" the "RTH day" by selecting the last tic from the premarket. This however is only part of the problem. A second point is that the first tic o' the day for stocks with the NASDAQ as their primary exchange is rarely, if ever, the NOOP. Typically 2-10 tics precede the NOOP. Finally there is the very simple and unpleasant reality that as often as not, the NOOP and the "First Consolidated Trade" from the NYSE/AMEX crew are not the same. So which is the "correct" Opening Price for a stock with NASDAQ as its primary exchange? The one from the NASDAQ or the FCT?

We are getting off topic for this thread and so I will cease and desist with any further babble, but will at some point in the not too distant future, initiate a thread having to do with the question of who sets the OP?

lj

#46     Jul 27, 2007
  7. WD40

WD40

only if MultiCharts has individual chart windows (like QuoteTracker) then it would be a truely amazing program.

#47     Jul 27, 2007
  8. Me like QT too. At $7/mo, it is a rather good buy. The gauntlet has been tossed.

lj

#48     Jul 27, 2007
  9. What do you mean by individual windows? Do you mean detachable windows? Could you send a screenshot?

#49     Jul 30, 2007
  10. WD40

WD40

you call it detachable windows? anyway you can see an example with QuoteTracker. This is the standard way to go now a days. Especially useful if you have multiple monitors, you can move the chart windows anywhere you want. With MC, if I want to move the chart to another monitor, I have to first close the chart in the first monitor, then open the chart again in another monitor. Of course you know what would happen with MC -- I get a pacing violation and MultiCharts hangs up for 15 minutes.

#50     Jul 30, 2007