Wow -- the new MultiCharts beta is GREAT

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tortoise, Jul 8, 2007.

1. ToTrade

ToTrade

daily

#31     Jul 26, 2007
  2. ToTrade

ToTrade

monthly

#32     Jul 26, 2007
  3. ToTrade

ToTrade

weekly

#33     Jul 26, 2007
  4. ToTrade

ToTrade

daily

#34     Jul 26, 2007
  5. ToTrade

ToTrade

Can anyone tell me for future reference how I can post more than one attachment in a post. I don't see any feature for this when posting.

#35     Jul 26, 2007
  6. I bust the chops of the MultiCharts group because I can. It keeps them on their toes and they need it.

INHO Multicharts is the best up-and-coming professional trades tool out there and it will stay that way as long as the programmers focus on what professional traders need and not what the casual traders want. Having a professional tool that also works for the average daytrader is the correct focus, not the other way around.

I understand the trendline question but if you have draw a trendline to see it, there is a problem.

#36     Jul 26, 2007
  7. ToTrade

ToTrade

When you go down to lower time frames, like 60min down to 3 min, it's nice to have them on the same chart so that you don't have to duplicate everything. It's very helpful. Instead of having 3-4 charts open, you just have one chart open.

#37     Jul 26, 2007
  8. Hey ToTrade,

You seem to be pretty familiar with MultiCharts (MC) and with others, reasonably impressed with what they have to offer. Do you think they would be open to the following suggestion:

Instead of having the software pick the Open on the first bar (candle or OHLC stick//tic or time fractal) of RTH, let the trader decide (beforehand preferably, so there isn't a bunch of diddling to do when RTH begins) what he/she wants to be the Open. As other posts of mine on this site have pointed out, I believe it is important (I don't know if it's critical) that the trader be given this option. There are several reasons for believing this but before blabbing on about said reasons, what do you think? Are the developers approachable? To date any software vendor I've approached is singularly disinterested in adding such an option.

TIA

lj

#38     Jul 26, 2007
  9. Please try to leave the developers to their priorites. If what you want done it that critical to you find an EasyLanguage pogrammer to help you.

#39     Jul 26, 2007
  10. The point of my request to ToTrade was to determine, in his opinion, how amenable the developers at MultiCharts were to suggestions from active (non-casual, if you will) traders. It is not immediately clear to me how you fit into the dynamic of this communication, but of course, this is America and you are quite free to say whatever you wish.

My question for you would be, what manner of matters do developers, in general, or more particularly the developers at MC, consider when constructing their list(s) of programming priorities? Could "active trader" input be one of those matters?

We all have opinions about what is or isn't important when it comes to trading/trading protocols. If we don't happen to agree, so what? Who cares? The developers are big boys well able to make decisions about the utility of a suggestion, and here utility is to be equated with making money for them.

I am singularly uninterested in getting involved with writing code even in the most peripheral of ways. Should it become necessary, I am well able to contact such professionals and let them go to it with an absolute minimum of personal endeavour. I thank you for that suggestion but in truth that thought had already crossed my mind.

So unless you have been appointed by ToTrade as his spokesperson or by MC as their "active trader" filter, let the free market dictate the priorities.

lj

#40     Jul 26, 2007